Some industry persons on Thursday night had the exclusive opportunity to enjoy a dose of DJ Black’s latest album – ‘Earthquake’.
Those who trooped in the Django Bar for the Listening Party were given an all-access pass to all the songs on the 22-track album.
The album is an exciting mix bag of well-produced songs with a blend of different genres of music - including hip-hop, afrobeat and hiplife.
The impressive list of known faces at the event included Bola Ray, Magnom, Gasmilla, Kofi Okyere Darko (KOD), Ahuma Bosco Ocansey (Daddy Bosco), Reggie Rockstone, Ruddy Kwakye, Andy Dosty, Nii Ayi Tagoe and Obibini.
DJ Black, who is the CEO of Toontoom, took patrons through the story behind each of the songs on the album.
The album has songs like, ‘Hit em up’ (feat. VVIP), ‘Paly Man’ (feat. Strongman), ‘My Mind’ (feat Eno), ‘Fa Wo No’ (feat. Kwaw Kese), ‘Big Man Tin’ (feat. E.L), ‘G Code’ (feat. Obibini), and ‘You do all’ (feat. Jay Ghartey).
Some of the songs on the album were produced by Coco, YoungBoss, Cabum, Twi Teacher, ReeZon, King Baurer and E.L.
The album received rave reviews from patrons who gave the renowned DJ thumbs up for the quality of production. They constantly nodded their heads and tapped their feet to songs on the album.
The Earthquake’ album is live online on all major music platforms including Spotify, YouTube Music, Tidal, Pandora and Rhapsody.
DJ Black, who hosts Open House Party and Weekend Warmer on Joy FM, also has ‘Tootoom Mix’ and other mixtapes to his credit.
DJ Black (middle)
Ruddy Kwakye and DJ Black
DJ Black and Sesi
KOD (left) and DJ Black (second from left)
Nii Ayi Tagoe
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video/Photos: Labadi Beach Hotel picks 3 prestigious awards at 2018 GEM Awards
- I love your hard African face – Medikal tells Fella Makafui
- 2019 Nigerian Election: Musician Banky W joins politics
- Depression is real; seek help – Obour advices fellow musicians
- NGMA: Gifty Osei, Patience Nyarko, Joe Mettle others nominated
- Video: I haven’t quit acting, God’s work taking my time - Majid Michel
- Profanity: We don’t need censorship; it stifles creativity – Rex Omar
- Video: Leave Medikal and Fella Makafui alone – Okyeame Kwame
- Ghanaian-British actor Peter Mensah in Ghana
- Stan Lee: Marvel Comics co-creator dies aged 95
- Impressive dress rehearsal for terrific national Mardi Gras in 2019
- Video: Captain Planet reveals how his dead dog connected him to his wife
- Video: ‘Who is Kwesi Arthur?’ check out his response
- Politics scares me now - Maame Dokono
- Donzy, Ephraim ready to go to jail for refusing to pay toll on motorway