Music producer Mark Okraku Mantey has stated that per his orientation, he would not do things to tarnish the image of any musician.
He said this on the heels of Lucky Mensah, a veteran hi-life artiste’s accusations that Mark Okraku Mantey is part of a mafia in the music industry.
According to Lucky Mensah, the alleged mafia are behind the lack of growth of the music industry and the reason some artistes do not get shows to perform.
He recounted how Okraku Mantey was aked by fellow hi-life artiste, Oheneba Kissi whom Okraku Mantey managed at a point, to put him (Mensah) on one his shows because the former had been fully booked. Mensah said he waited for Mark's call which never came.
Speaking on Daybreak Hitz with KMJ, CEO of Slip Entertainment, and Mark Okraku Mantey who joined the discussion stated that, looking at his orientation he cannot do such act to tarnish the image of a "hi-life soldier".
“I don’t remember this scenario but I'm saying that all things being equal, this is how the industry works and so somebody cannot say that because someone has recommended me to someone, the person never called me,” he said.
“… ideally if you were serious with your job, you follow up but you never called and you are saying because I never called, it means I am a mafia,” the renowned artiste manager added.
He further stressed: “From my orientation, you will see that this cannot happen and I cannot do this to anyone so why would I take a U-turn and want to damage the image of hi-life.”
Oheneba Kissi, who is at the centre of this controversy, when contacted during the discussion to clear the air on the issue said he does not remember exactly when this happened "because we are growing [old].
"I can’t really pin point on any issue but it might have happened because I am close to Lucky, Lucky is more like a friend or a brother.
“Let me be honest, I quite don’t remember this, it might have been a true statement or issue Lucky is talking about because Mark was my producer then,” he concluded.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Elvis Presley to get US Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Joe Mettle to thrill audience at praise jam thanksgiving
- Boomplay, Universal Music announce distribution partnership for Africa
- Kim Porter, mother to three of Diddy's children, dies aged 47
- Video: I’m not bothered by ‘dumb question’ trolls – Wendy Shay
- 2018 AFRIMA in limbo, organisers to call off Ghana event if gov’t…
- Video: Royal visit was just wrong – Fuse ODG
- Winners of 2018 National Book Awards
- Gov’t to build ultra-modern film studio, set up National Film Authority
- Video: Yaw Siki became born again because of motorway potholes – Criss Waddle
- Video: Kidi is best vocalist in Ghana but he's not on my album – Kuami Eugene
- Video: I’m cool with Shatta Wale, beef was just business – Criss Waddle
- Uncompleted Volta Regional theatre abandoned for 20 yrs
- 8 days of no 'dumsor' shocks Nollywood actor
- MultiChoice clean sweep at Africa TV industry Awards