Ghanaian actress and model Moesha Boduong has courted controversy on social media after she told CNN that her motivation for dating a married man, just like other women in Ghana, is because the economy is not good.
“In Ghana our economy is such a way that you need someone to take care of you. You can’t make enough money as a woman here. Because even when you want to get an apartment, in Ghana they take two years’ advance and I just started working where will I get money to pay?”
Stunned by Moesha’s revelation, CNN’s Christine Amanpour asked her “are you basically telling me that you are having sex with this guy to pay your rent?”
Moesha responds,”because he can afford to take care of you. He takes care of me, my financials, my apartment, my car, my rent everything. “
“He expects me to be loyal and take care of him and give him sex when he wants."
Social media reaction
Not everyone is happy with the description the controversial actress has given about Ghana to the world.
Comments on Facebook and Twitter suggest many are outraged by her bold claim.
So the nail specialist actually talk sense pass Moesha Boduong. 🤣🤣🤣🤣— #AgainstTheOdds📚 (@PortiaArthur) April 12, 2018
Don't underestimate anyone😍😍😍.
Hard working Ghanaian women who are busting their asses to put food on the table deserve an unqualified apology from Moesha. Not every woman in this county depends on a man and instagram likes for survival.. There are hardworking women out there making money moves!!— Kwadwo Sheldon (@amoaphoGh) April 11, 2018
Check yourself before insulting Moesha for saying she sleeps with married men on CNN. 😒 pic.twitter.com/u9nWTnft5I— DKB 3 - BARCA 0 ✌️😂 (@dkbghana) April 12, 2018
Pepperdem gang looking at Moesha Like 👀👀👀👀👀 pic.twitter.com/VIbB2jIWWw— The Greatest (@sammyforson) April 12, 2018
I'm not even surprised at Moesha and what she said cos I've heard her say a similar thing in an interview with Delay. What I want to know is how the hell she made it to the CNN with such foolery.— Renée🌟 (@Fc_fafali) April 11, 2018
What’s the moesha’s @ I need to thank her for this state of the nation address— Teiko. (@Oooh_Teee) April 12, 2018
By the way, who made Moesha the Spokesperson for Ghanaian women?🤦🏿♂️🤦♀️✋🏿— Kwadwo Sheldon (@amoaphoGh) April 11, 2018
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Amakye Dede @ 45: Kumasi concert to feature Sarkodie, Ofori Amponsah, Lilwin
- You’ve become a slave to weed – Dada Hafco tells Yaa Pono
- Video: Criss Waddle can afford to buy me a car – Yvonne Okoro reacts to rumours
- Video: If we break up, I’ll be better than you left me - Yvonne Okoro
- Obour teams up with Obogu Traditional Council to spread joy
- Huawei confirms termination of contract with Teacher Kwadwo
- Video: My dad’s death inspired me to be a nurse – Wendy Shay reveals
- Video: There’s nothing like a ‘dumb’ question – Wendy Shay apologises
- God is my best friend – Wendy Shay
- Video: Sakawa victim wasn’t talking about me – Medikal reacts to fraud claims
- Video: I created 4x4, I will bring them back – Bright of Buk Bak
- Video: I didn’t save Fella Makafui’s name as ‘Carpenter’ – Medikal replies Sister Derby
- I never dated Kojo Antwi – Nana Yaa clears the air
- Is 'Dumsor' back? - Yvonne Nelson asks
- Catherine Afeku wins ‘Most Active Tourism Minister’ award