Ghanaian actress and model Moesha Boduong has courted controversy on social media after she told CNN that her motivation for dating a married man, just like other women in Ghana, is because the economy is not good.
“In Ghana our economy is such a way that you need someone to take care of you. You can’t make enough money as a woman here. Because even when you want to get an apartment, in Ghana they take two years’ advance and I just started working where will I get money to pay?”
Stunned by Moesha’s revelation, CNN’s Christine Amanpour asked her “are you basically telling me that you are having sex with this guy to pay your rent?”
Moesha responds,”because he can afford to take care of you. He takes care of me, my financials, my apartment, my car, my rent everything. “
“He expects me to be loyal and take care of him and give him sex when he wants."
Social media reaction
Not everyone is happy with the description the controversial actress has given about Ghana to the world.
Comments on Facebook and Twitter suggest many are outraged by her bold claim.
So the nail specialist actually talk sense pass Moesha Boduong. 🤣🤣🤣🤣— #AgainstTheOdds📚 (@PortiaArthur) April 12, 2018
Don't underestimate anyone😍😍😍.
Hard working Ghanaian women who are busting their asses to put food on the table deserve an unqualified apology from Moesha. Not every woman in this county depends on a man and instagram likes for survival.. There are hardworking women out there making money moves!!— Kwadwo Sheldon (@amoaphoGh) April 11, 2018
Check yourself before insulting Moesha for saying she sleeps with married men on CNN. 😒 pic.twitter.com/u9nWTnft5I— DKB 3 - BARCA 0 ✌️😂 (@dkbghana) April 12, 2018
Pepperdem gang looking at Moesha Like 👀👀👀👀👀 pic.twitter.com/VIbB2jIWWw— The Greatest (@sammyforson) April 12, 2018
I'm not even surprised at Moesha and what she said cos I've heard her say a similar thing in an interview with Delay. What I want to know is how the hell she made it to the CNN with such foolery.— Renée🌟 (@Fc_fafali) April 11, 2018
What’s the moesha’s @ I need to thank her for this state of the nation address— Teiko. (@Oooh_Teee) April 12, 2018
By the way, who made Moesha the Spokesperson for Ghanaian women?🤦🏿♂️🤦♀️✋🏿— Kwadwo Sheldon (@amoaphoGh) April 11, 2018
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Fans go wild for Kwesi Arthur's new album 'LFNKII - Home Run'
- Video: We will keep taking more pictures - Stonebwoy to Shatta Wale
- Video: Wendy Shay loves my vibe, so we got attached - Kuami Eugene
- Video: I knew Ghanaians would be judgmental about the VGMA song - Kidi
- I have no regrets campaigning for NPP - Bibi Bright
- Video: Kwesi Arthur is an amazing artiste; our connection is priceless - Kidi
- Patapaa's #Skopatumana challenge hits the internet
- I never begged D-Black for collaboration - Tinny
- 'Salma Feeds' feeds 1000 children Easter Sunday
- Adom FM Music Chart (Week 16): DJ Mic Smith’s ‘Jama’ pushes 'Omo Ada' from number one spot
- Missing Taadi Girls: I'm sad but confident they will be found - Kofi Kinaata
- Okyeame Kwame, Samini join polio awareness campaign
- D-Black rejects Tinny’s request for collaboration?
- Song theft accusations don't move me - Kuami Eugene
- Mr. P of P-Square slept with my wife, broke my marriage – Diamond Plantnumz alleges