Award-winning dancehall act, Stonebwoy, has revealed that he has no friends in the music industry.
He however, admits that there is some level of support among artistes in the music industry.
“We do support each other” and stressed that “it all comes back to understanding,” because when it comes to performing at shows, it is usually a win-win situation for the artistes involved,
“I do not have friends though it depends on the details,” he told Lexis Bill on Behind the Fame on Drive Time on Joy FM Monday.
“I won’t say friends, you know when we say friends we shouldn’t underestimate the word friends so we might not use that to explain the type of relationship that I have…,” Stonebwoy added.
The ‘Envy’ hit singer, however, described colleague singer Samini whom many see as his close pal, as a brother.
“I mean if we are talking about ‘friend-friend’, Samini is my big brother as I see it so and then,” he said and went on to describe the relationship that exists between him and other artistes.
“Mugeez is somebody I speak to on that level so I’m mentioning people that are like if it is supposed to be friend-friend…Edem we speak ‘once and once’, Yaa Pono we speak ‘once and once’, Kwaw [Kese] as well.”
According to him, he has no one in the industry that he speaks to constantly and even picks moves with.
“It’s not really necessary, it all depends on the heart…because sometimes we don’t talk for a long time, we don’t see each other but what’s in the heart remains if it’s for peace, [if] it’s for love we all know…,” the dancehall act said.
When Lexis Bill inquired if there is envy in the music industry, he said: “there is envy in life so it flows everywhere.”
Watch the video below for more:
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Kwaw Kese, D-Black, Patapaa are wack rappers – Tinny
- The club of 8 Ghanaian stars to have entered Billboard Chart in 48 years
- FRA! Band, Kyekyeku & Ghanalogue Highlife to tour Spain after winning ‘Vis a Vis’
- Video: Hitz FM’s DJ Bridash drops visuals for ‘Strong Bond’
- Media professionals to vote for 3Music Awards nominees
- Don’t call me Obrafour again, says veteran hiplife artiste
- Obrafour set to celebrate 20 years of ‘Pae Mu Ka’ album with a concert
- Female celebs benefit more in entertainment industry – Ecow Smith-Asante
- US-based Ghanaian rapper handed 15-year sentence
- Photos/Video: Lil Win electrifies Adom ‘Kolor Paaty’
- Davido, others escape air mishap
- Michael Jackson's daughter rubbishes claim she attempted suicide
- Nigeria elections: Desmond Elliot wins Surulere1 Constituency
- 'I had breasts': Sam Smith on having liposuction at 12
- Video: Some people held prayer sessions to cast out rap ‘demon’ from me – Eno