Award-winning dancehall act, Stonebwoy, has revealed that he has no friends in the music industry.
He however, admits that there is some level of support among artistes in the music industry.
“We do support each other” and stressed that “it all comes back to understanding,” because when it comes to performing at shows, it is usually a win-win situation for the artistes involved,
“I do not have friends though it depends on the details,” he told Lexis Bill on Behind the Fame on Drive Time on Joy FM Monday.
“I won’t say friends, you know when we say friends we shouldn’t underestimate the word friends so we might not use that to explain the type of relationship that I have…,” Stonebwoy added.
The ‘Envy’ hit singer, however, described colleague singer Samini whom many see as his close pal, as a brother.
“I mean if we are talking about ‘friend-friend’, Samini is my big brother as I see it so and then,” he said and went on to describe the relationship that exists between him and other artistes.
“Mugeez is somebody I speak to on that level so I’m mentioning people that are like if it is supposed to be friend-friend…Edem we speak ‘once and once’, Yaa Pono we speak ‘once and once’, Kwaw [Kese] as well.”
According to him, he has no one in the industry that he speaks to constantly and even picks moves with.
“It’s not really necessary, it all depends on the heart…because sometimes we don’t talk for a long time, we don’t see each other but what’s in the heart remains if it’s for peace, [if] it’s for love we all know…,” the dancehall act said.
When Lexis Bill inquired if there is envy in the music industry, he said: “there is envy in life so it flows everywhere.”
Watch the video below for more:
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Married life with Annica has been amazing - Okyeame Kwame
- Video: Yvonne Okoro reveals recording sex tape with ex-boyfriend
- I admire Abedi Pele so much – Adina
- Video: Adekunle Gold, Simi release new song to celebrate their wedding
- Daddy Lumba, Kojo Antwi comparison impossible - Okyeame Kwame
- Photos: Ataa Mensah of 'Showcase in Ga' dies at 91
- Video/Photos: Daughters of Glorious Jesus pay courtesy call to Multimedia Group
- Video: I've forgiven my parents for throwing me away when I was born – Don Little
- I'm not bothered by the young ones using my songs - Kojo Antwi
- Video: Women who earn more than their partners abuse them – D Cryme
- Video: Creative Arts has been neglected - Sidney
- Video: I’ll be tagged greedy if I disclose how much I invested with Menzgold – Lil Win
- Celine Dion, Chance pull tracks with R. Kelly
- Rihanna takes father to court in trademark dispute
- #10YearChallenge: Multimedia staffs chime in