Audio By Carbonatix
The Chief Executive Officer of Enugu Rangers, Paul Chibuzor, has been asked to vacate his office in a move that will set the tone for a massive clearout at the underachieving Nigeria Premier League club.
Sources in Enugu said Tuesday that a letter from the Enugu State Government has been despatched to Chibuzor to quit after four seasons during which ‘The Flying Antelopes’ failed to win anything of note.
Early this week, the CEO was making frantic efforts to overturn this decision, but a top source informed MTNFootball.com that these moves have so far come to nought as one of the contacts Chibuzor was alleged to have approached gave him cold shoulder inside the Nnamdi Azikiwe Stadium in Enugu.
The fear of the unknown has therefore gripped top officials and coaches at the club that they are also in line for the sack.
The biggest undoing of the Chibuzor-led board, it was learnt, was that they have failed to get the club to play major international football in the four years they have been in office.
Rangers finished sixth in the NPL this past season and have qualified for the semi-finals of the sub-regional WAFU Cup, which will be played in Lome, Togo, from December 9.
Rangers spokesman Foster Chime said he could not confirm or deny the directive issued to the CEO.
“I am not aware of such but like you know, this is a government club and they may decide to take any action they deem fit for the club at any time. It may be possible and it may not be possible,” he said.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Fire destroys ICT lab at Gushegu Midwifery Training School, threatens licensure exams
39 seconds -
Defence Ministry welcomes Kenneth Gilbert Adjei as new Defence Minister
1 minute -
Bawumia charges NPP executives to rebuild party for 2028 victory
4 minutes -
Unite the region and deliver victory in 2028 – Dr. Bawumia to new Greater Accra NPP executives
4 minutes -
Ukrainian strikes kill six in Russia, acting governor says
4 minutes -
The goal is to win 2028 polls – Bawumia
5 minutes -
GoldBod secures 30% of large-scale gold output for Ghana’s strategic reserves
5 minutes -
FDA warns against unauthorised chemicals for ripening plantain
6 minutes -
‘If you sell gold at a loss, you’re not a good trader’ – Afenyo-Markin jabs Sammy Gyamfi
9 minutes -
Dr. Bawumia meets new Greater Accra NPP executives; charges them to bring all talents on board
13 minutes -
Before the Next Jason: When seniority becomes a weapon against young academics
26 minutes -
For President Mahama, every mother must live. What about you?
35 minutes -
OMCs commence fuel price reviews; Star Oil sells petrol at GH¢14.97, diesel kept at GH¢16.97
1 hour -
Residents of Brekusu-Kwabenya-Kitase protest over deplorable roads
1 hour -
Genser Energy secures 456m euros to accelerate next phase of growth across West Africa
1 hour