Audio By Carbonatix
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho will face no action after the Football Association cleared him of making discriminatory comments towards then club doctor Eva Carneiro.
The pair had a fiery confrontation on the touchline towards the end of the Blues' opening game of the season against Swansea, with Mourinho afterwards criticising Carneiro for going on to the pitch to treat Eden Hazard.
Carneiro has since parted company with the club.
There had been suggestions Mourinho had used abusive language towards Carneiro but the FA statement said they appointed an independent academic expert in Portuguese linguistics to analyse the footage of the incident which included the audio recording.

"After receiving the report from the expert, The FA is satisfied that the words used do not constitute discriminatory language under FA Rules," the FA said in a statement.
"Furthermore, both the words used, as translated and analysed by the independent expert, and the video evidence, do not support the conclusion that the words were directed at any person in particular.
"Consequently, on the evidence available to it, The FA will take no further action in relation to this matter."
Had he been found guilty Mourinho could have faced a five-game ban under FA rule E3 which states that players and coaches can be penalised for using “offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures”.
-
Follow Joy Sports on Twitter: @Joy997FM. Our hashtag is #JoySports
Latest Stories
-
Free speech: MFWA slams ‘weaponisation’ of state laws
24 minutes -
NITA defends ICT fees, rejects claims of ‘digital coup’
24 minutes -
UN releases $60m from central fund to tackle lethal Ebola outbreak
36 minutes -
“Put people first” – Vice-President tells global financial giants at ACI Congress
2 hours -
Vice-President commissions 100 new Metro Mass buses
3 hours -
“You do not need my permission” – Bagbin clears misconception over arresting MPs
3 hours -
Ice baths, almond milk, meditation and a ‘house like a hospital’: The secrets of Salah’s success
3 hours -
This Saturday on Prime Insight: GN Savings and Loans licence restoration and the Abronye bail debate
5 hours -
Putin vows retaliation after accusing Ukraine of hitting student dormitory
5 hours -
2026 ACI World Congress: In Accra, a quiet reframe of how emerging markets see themselves
5 hours -
No break-in, no theft at Ashaiman showroom – Hisense Ghana clarifies
5 hours -
This Saturday on Newsfile: Attack on free speech and return of GN Bank
6 hours -
Opinion: The evidence before High Court continues to expose weakness of the Republic’s case against Wontumi
6 hours -
Ebola risk raised to ‘very high’ in DR Congo
6 hours -
I recommended Haruna and Muntaka for ministerial roles — Asiedu Nketia
6 hours