Family of Kumawood actor Andrew Ntul Mensah aka Scorpion GH suspects the unknown assailants who shot him were contracted to kill him.
According to them, the actor and other tenants in the house have confirmed the armed men repeatedly said he was their target.
The actor was shot twice in the thigh and rib by armed men who broke into his apartment on Thursday dawn.
Scorpion GH, who usually plays action roles in movies, was able to flee the scene after struggling with the criminals.
He, however, sustained gunshot wounds and was later rushed to the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital for treatment.
His sibling, who spoke to Luv News’ Nana Yaw Gyimah on anonymity, said his brother is lucky to be alive.
“My brother told me when the assailants got to him, one said kill him and let’s go so it was obvious they were just there to kill him,” he said.
He said because Scorpion rushed out of the room, it saved his wife and children from being hurt.
“He was their target so they run after him when he escaped and shot him twice before he [Scorpion] got help from neighbours,” he recounted.
The family is appealing to the police to hunt for the suspects and bring them to book.
“We thank God for saving his life but we want to police to arrest the gang,” he added.
- Taskforce destroys excavators allegedly belonging to NPP Women’s Organiser
- Fuel prices to go up again – Chamber of Petroleum Consumers Ghana
- Cameron Duodu: Sɛbe o, tafrakyɛ, na ‘Ɔte K’ɔkɔɔ Soɔ’ deɛ, yɛbɔ n’ano sɛn? – With all due respect, how can the occupant of the Golden Stool be silenced?
- 23-year-old arrested for attempting to sacrifice his nephew for money rituals
- Kokomba warriors kill human-attacking antelopes
- Mahama’s ‘dumsor’ is different from Akufo-Addo’s – Kweku Awotwi
- Armed men attack NPP Communicator
- 2nd dose of Covid-19 vaccines to be deployed from May 19 – Akufo-Addo
- Armed robbers jailed for robbing, raping pregnant woman
- Full text: Akufo-Addo’s 25th address on measures to deal with Covid-19 pandemic
NDC has done more for healthcare in Ghana than NPP – Sammy Gyamfi responds to Nana Aba Anamoah
“I’m not proud of it” – referee for Hearts v Sharks game apologises for errors
Ghanaians to re-register SIM cards in June or risk losing phone numbers
Akosombo Dam could serve Ghana for another 50 years if well maintained – Kweku Awotwi
No new Covid-19 cases in Northern Region in 3 weeks
2 dead, 3 injured and others displaced following heavy downpour in Ashanti Region
Okyeame Kwame and wife launch their first book ‘Love Locked Down’
Ter Stegen ruled out of Germany’s Euros plans with knee problem that will require surgery at Barcelona
Digital transformation will determine success of corporate Ghana post-Covid – Ernest De-Graft Egyir
Standards Authority sets standards to regulate sale of eggs
Leicester issue Chelsea apology over Daniel Amartey FA Cup actions
At least 20 cattle shot and wounded after herdsmen allegedly stab man at Abrewankor
If you don’t fix health system, outcome won’t improve irrespective of procurement you make – Asiedu Sarpong
Ongoing financial re-engineering of the power sector is positive – Kweku Awotwi
Armed robbers jailed for robbing, raping pregnant woman