Audio By Carbonatix
A father and son who had sex with a 15-year-old primary four pupil, resulting in pregnancy, have been sentenced to a total of 44 years in prison.
The Koforidua Circuit Court which handed out the sentence Thursday, gave the father, Daniel Kwaku Danquah, a farmer aged 43, a maximum of 24 years while his son, Moses Danquah, aged 23, a cushion liner, was given 20 years, both with hard labour.
The incident occurred at Nobi, a village near Akyem Tafo in the Eastern Region on different dates in November and December, last year and January, this year.
Both father and son, who were charged with defilement, pleaded guilty before the court presided over by Madam Wilhelmina Hammond.
Presenting the facts of the case to the packed court, the prosecutor, Inspector Patrick Adzadza, said the girl and the convicts lived in the same vicinity at Nobi.
He said sometime in November, 2011, when the girl’s grandmother with whom she was staying left for Somanya, their home town, for a funeral, Kwaku Danquah forcibly had sex with her in her grandmother’s room.
Inspector Adzadza said after the act, Kwaku Danquah warned her not to disclose what happened to anyone else he (Kwaku Danquah) would cause her arrest.
He told the court that in December, 2011, Moses Danquah, son of Kwaku Danquah, also had sex with the girl on three separate occasions in the same room and when he attempted to repeat the act for the fourth time in January, 2012, he detected that the girl was pregnant.
When her grandmother detected that the victim had become pregnant and questioned her, the girl told her that although Kwaku Danquah was responsible for the pregnancy, his son Moses also had sex with her on three occasions.
He said both the father and the son admitted having sex with the girl in their caution statements and that a medical report put the girl’s last menstrual period at October, 2011.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Gov’t to spend GH¢2.8bn on secondary infrastructure as Education Minister pushes foundational learning
15 minutes -
This is the result of GoldBod activities – Akim Oda MP demand answers over $1.7bn loss
28 minutes -
Photos: Sammy Gyamfi at Government Accountability Series
42 minutes -
Ghana School of Law SRC President-elect petitions authorities for relief for referred students
50 minutes -
Promasidor Ghana unveils Onga Mix Tomato Paste, names Diana Hamilton brand ambassador
1 hour -
‘You admitted the loss, now account for the GH¢22bn’ – Minority hits back at GoldBod CEO
1 hour -
Gender Department raises alarm over rising teenage pregnancy in Ashanti Region
1 hour -
GJA@77: Ethical journalism foundation for strong, resilient democracies – UK Deputy High Commissioner
1 hour -
Police pickup carrying suspects crashes into trotro on KNUST campus, several injured
1 hour -
AMA Mayor apologises to alleged extortion victim, orders refund
1 hour -
Akwatia MP defends GoldBod, says IMF report didn’t blame it for losses
2 hours -
Building community after a merger: What UniMAC’s concord initiative can teach higher education
2 hours -
UN security official meets GoldBod CEO Sammy Gyamfi
2 hours -
Two detained after French influencer’s scorched body found in vineyard
2 hours -
ORAL has been reduced to a tool for political convenience – Kwesi Botchway Jnr
2 hours