The Sunyani Regional Office of the Food and Drugs Authority (FDA) has organised a training workshop for 91 herbal medicine manufacturers and practitioners in the Ahafo Region for quality products manufacturing and services delivery.
The one-day capacity building programme held at Goaso for participants, both males and females including the youth from Goaso, Bechem, Kukuom, Mim and Sankore aimed at giving them in-depth knowledge to enhance their ability and skills in the traditional medicine practice to provide quality products and services for public consumption.
They were also educated on the need to register their businesses with the Registrar General’s Department, certify their products and services at the FDA and acquire business licenses from the Traditional Medicine Practice Council (TMPC) for standard improvement.
A Senior Regulatory Officer of the FDA, Mr. Richard Kyeremeh Yeboah, in a presentation said if the practitioners obtained the required industrial knowledge, their products could meet international standards.
He encouraged them to take advantage of the prevalence of digital technology to improve on their businesses, adding that, it would also help them to avoid violations of the laws that could consequently lead to arrest and prosecution.
The participants commended the FDA for the training, saying, the knowledge acquired would help to improve on the quality of their products and services to contribute to the nation’s economic growth.
- Building a successful brand through organizational culture
- Cecilia Dapaah has never owned a real estate business – PA rubbishes claims by OSP
- Achieving succession planning success: The importance of a holistic succession strategy
- African fintech, Web3 leaders to convene at Africa Money and DeFi summit in Accra
- Domelevo supports removal of Finance Minister and BoG Governor
- Sogbe Amalgamated Family Union launched to champion educational, economic, and social development
- CPP denies forming alliance with Alan Kyerematen ahead of 2024 general elections
- Ellembele MP clashes with DCE over fixing of deplorable roads in the constituency
- At least 9 killed in highway ambush at Pusiga
- Ablakwa challenges Jean Mensa to provide proof that Parliament restricted EC’s operations
- #OccupyJulorBiHouse: Arrest of protesters shameful, unlawful – Sammy Gyamfi
- His vision continues to inspire us – Ghanaians celebrate Kwame Nkrumah on his birthday
- Akufo-Addo urges international community to support efforts to resolve Africa’s conflict
- Aflao Border main gate temporary closed for security screening – Ghana Immigration Service
- Samson’s Take: Democracy in danger – stop the police now! Pt. III