The popular fetish priest, Togbe Shito, who allegedly assaulted some contestants of the Miss Commonwealth pageant in 2019, has reportedly died.
His death comes days as after the priest had reportedly complained about a boil on a part of his body.
Sources told Adomonline that the young priest passed away on Monday, June, 15 at an undisclosed hospital in Accra.
Wife of the deceased priest Perpetual Enyonam confirmed the news of her husband’s death to Adom FM’s Entertainment Hall and Highlife Fiesta host, Michael Boateng, popularly known as Mike 2.
Togbe Shito had made headlines in 2019 when he was charged by the police for allegedly assaulting some beauty queens.
The bizarre case happened at a shrine belonging to the priest at Akyem-Kukurantumi in the Abuakwa North Municipal of the Eastern Region.
The girls were allegedly stripped naked at the shrine and hit with a machete after organisers of the pageant accused them of stealing ¢500.
Police subsequently arrested some of the organisers of the pageant, Togbe Shito and two of his assistants.
Togbe Shito has denied torturing the girls.
He also said no girl was stripped naked at his shrine but could not deny that the girls were brought to him.
According to him, one of the ladies ‘confessed’ to stealing the money after some ‘spiritual incantations’ had been done and claimed the girl in question ‘begged’ the organisers for the embarrassment caused them.
The fetish priest also said the victim may have faked the bruises on her body to court public sympathy.
- I asked Akufo-Addo to forgive me for opposing Bawumia as running mate – Ama Busia
- NDC party has now become lame – Dan Abodakpi
- Whether dumsor is back or not, current power outages must be resolved immediately – Prof Adei
- Second dose of Covid-19 vaccine can be taken 4 weeks after the deadline stated – GHS
- NDC must focus on healing the horse, not selecting a rider – Kunbour
- 8 more die of Covid-19, active cases now 1,334
- 7 times Ghana has beaten Nigeria to the prize
- ‘A tenant may be evicted for a month’s arrears’ – Rent Control
- Doctor withdraws notice to leave health centre after Bawumia donated equipment and supplies
- Tottenham sack Mourinho after 17 months
More apprentices write COTVET exams in Bono Region
Attorney General supports my motion for appeal – Lawyer for Akuapem Poloo reveals
‘A spit in the face of football lovers’ – Uefa boss condemns European Super League plans
GRIDCo releases excess fibre capacity to CSquared for broadband distribution
Amansie West MP initiates responsible mining program
My call to duty is worship – Wendy asserts in new song
Government to switch off analogue signal soon as CDTCL takes off
Akuapem Poloo’s child is with me, he doesn’t know what is going on – Actress’ lawyer
Government assures local creditors of AirtelTigo arrangement to settle debt owed company
NASA makes history by flying a helicopter on Mars for the first time
We possess the ingenuity to oversee our economic restoration – Ofori-Atta tells staff
Herrera and Ozil among players slamming European Super League
Namibia asks gay parents to prove link to children
Film producer Alfred Agyapong ready to inject $150k into film industry
7 times Ghana has beaten Nigeria to the prize