First Lady Rebecca Akufo-Addo has donated medical items to the Ho Municipal Hospital to augment healthcare delivery to citizens in the area.
The donation also forms part of the Rebecca Foundation’s mission to supporting the country’s health sector.
The items included bedsheets, diapers, blankets, nose masks, sanitizers, and some hospital beds.
Rebecca Akufo-Addo said the Rebecca Foundation had, since 2017, been working to complement government’s efforts at improving healthcare delivery with specific focus on the health of women and children.
She said the Foundation had, donated medical equipment and consumables to various hospitals in all the 16 regions of Ghana as well as renovated some health facilities including the Osu Government Maternity Home.
The Foundation had, in partnership with well-meaning entities, funded the construction of the Paediatric Intensive Care and the Mother and Baby units of the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital in Accra and the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital in Kumasi.
The First Lady said the health of women and children would always be her priority and expressed the readiness of the Foundation to work with other organisations and individuals to deliver quality healthcare to them.
The Head of Ho Municipal Hospital, Dr Lawrence Kumi, who received the items, expressed gratitude to the First Lady for the assistance and its timeliness as the facility was in need of such assistance to enhance work.
“We have been looking forward to this visit for some time now and we promise that this donation will go a long way to supporting our service delivery here,” he said.
Present at the presentation were the Volta Regional Minister, Dr Archibald Yao Letsa, Deputy Volta Regional Minister, Mr Johnson Avuletey, Municipal Chief Executive for Ho Central, Mr Prosper Pi-Bansah, former Vice Chairperson of the New Patriotic Party, Mrs Agnes Okudzeto, and Executive Director of the National Vocational Training Institute, Mrs Mawusi Awity.
- Stephen Appiah excludes Asamoah Gyan from his list of best Ghanaian players
- ‘I dread pain and abuse’ – A female head porter opens up on her daily trauma
- Police arrest notorious armed robber in Tema
- ‘Government is either feigning incompetence on the point of how we fix structures or is pretending to fix them’ – Barker-Vormawor
- CID probes 53 schools over alleged corruption in school feeding programme
- Virologist warns of third wave of Covid-19 in Ghana
- Covid-19: GHS to roll out second doses from May 19
- NSMQ2021: Mfantsipim School begins redemption campaign from regional qualifiers
- 2022 World Cup Qualifiers: Black Stars to camp in Europe despite postponement
- Family sues Daasebre Oti Boateng for failing to replace a statue he destroyed
We will not allow any religious group to plunge Ghana into chaos – Muntaka
Akufo-Addo meets families of May 9 victims
Astroturf pitch commissioned to boost football in Old Tafo
Sunyani Muslims join SDA Church in worship
Burglars target Nigeria president’s chief of staff
Climate change: Zoggu residents cannot access water
Amanase residents burn fetish priest’s car over suspected ritual murder
Actor sues TikTok for using her voice in viral tool
9 dead after shooting at Russian school
Apple’s UK users deserve app price compensation, claim says
Today’s front pages: Tuesday, May 11, 2021
Over 10 make-shift structures razed down by fire at Krofrom-Kumasi
Tema Police Command records 3 attempted murder cases in first quarter of 2021
MMDCEs and MPs must collaborate to stimulate development – Kwadaso MP
Gov’t to roll out eight additional interventions this month under Ghana CARES programme-Ofori-Atta