Audio By Carbonatix
The Apam District magistrate's court has remanded a 40-year-old fisherman in police custody for stealing smoked fish valued at 200 Ghana cedis.
Kobina Ebo pleaded guilty and the court ordered him to re-appear on December 21.
Police Inspector Peter Horatic Mensah told the court that the complainant, Madam Aba Okusua, is a fishmonger while the accused person is a fisherman.
He said owing to rampant stealing of fish and animals in the area the complainant had been mounting surveillance on her fish.
The prosecution said on December 04, 2008 Ebo and two others now at large were seen stealing some of the smoked fish from Madam Okusua's oven.
When people started shouting, they took to their heels but with the assistance of some neighbours, Ebo was arrested and a quantity of smoked fish in a polythene bag found on him.
Source; GNA
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Ronaldinho seeks 300th goal with comeback aged 46
2 hours -
Your voice, your future – Opare Addo opens National Youth Forum 2026
2 hours -
GRA pushes data-driven tax administration to boost revenue mobilisation
2 hours -
NSMQ 2026: Presby SHS, Bompata crushes Sacred Heart’s hopes of reaching one-eighth stage
2 hours -
Africa Golf Tourism Convention opens in South Africa to unlock opportunities
2 hours -
BOGISS alleged sexual assault: Dr Apaak demands protection for autism victim
2 hours -
GTEC trains tertiary officials on new affiliation quality assurance framework
2 hours -
Luv FM High School Debate: OKESS, OSASS silence K’Wey Gey and KASS in fierce round of 16
2 hours -
Alcaraz to play US Open after four months out
2 hours -
Even if all foreigners leave, South Africa’s problems will remain – Dr Yamson blames state failure
2 hours -
Mahama announces GH¢500m district housing programme; rollout to begin this year
2 hours -
Energy Committee yet to receive July 29 blackout report – Adomako-Mensah
3 hours -
Five in six Ghana health facilities fall short of basic sanitation standard – WHO/UNICEF
3 hours -
Mohammed Fuseini in talks over Troyes move from Union SG
3 hours -
‘Bear with the system’ – Energy Ministry says temporary power control room to be ready by September
3 hours