A former Diplomat and Politician, Kwame Saara Mensah, has recounted how an encounter with his headmaster made him turn a new leaf.
Reminiscing his days as a student at Prempeh College, the politician said that he left the campus in the company of friends without exeat to the Kumasi Sports Stadium to watch an inter-schools competition.
According to him, upon their return, they were caught red-handed by the-then headmaster and the punishment which came after was the deal-breaker.
“One day I and my two friends went for Inter zonal competition. Prempeh College had its own and Opoku Ware was in a different zone and we said we wanted to go and watch. So we went to Kumasi Sports Stadium without exeat. On our way back, instead of returning to the school, we decided to go to Bantama.
When we alighted, the headmaster’s car was right behind our bus. So as soon as we alighted, he beckoned us to come. So you can imagine. And that one experience that I had made me say ‘enough is enough’,” he narrated to host Ayisha Ibrahim on PM Express Personality Profile to be aired tonight.
For their punishment, Mr. Mensah said the headmaster asked them to weed the school’s football field.
“I mean how can three people weed a whole football field? But we couldn’t complain. We did only one lane and we were asked to go,” he said amidst laughter.
The Diplomat also highlighted his struggles while in the School.
Losing his father at just age 11, Mr. Mensah said it took the support of his relatives to bring him this far.
Make a date with Ayisha Ibrahim on PM Express Personality Profile at 9:00 pm tonight for the full episode.
- Social media reacts to how youth hooted at Akufo-Addo during concert
- Yaw Tog gifts Stormzy’s mum after Global Citizen Festival showdown
- NDC orchestrated the heckling of Akufo-Addo at Global Citizen Festival – NPP
- 23,495 Ghanaians test positive for HIV in 6 months
- GPLwk3: Amankwah rescues Hearts in Super Clash, Legon Cities win in Tamale again
- Black Stars arrive to rousing welcome in Spain ahead of Nicaragua friendly
- Bagbin has not resigned from Ghana Bar Association – Dafeamekpor
- We refuse to admit that Black Stars’ glory days are no more – Jerome Otchere
- Frontiers Contract contains information we cannot disclose – Ghana Airports Company Ltd
- Super Clash: Kotoko and Hearts share spoils in Kumasi
- Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury fight called off
- Nico Williams comments on Inaki’s decision to play for Ghana
- Apart from some senior players, no one is guaranteed a place – Andre Ayew on Ghana’s World Cup squad
- Government keen on local production for jobs and wealth creation – Deputy Trade Minister affirms
- Suspected notorious kidnapper arrested in Nigeria
- Shinzo Abe: Why a state funeral for slain ex-PM is controversial
- Ernest Kofi Boateng: Police involvement in civil matters; a case of ‘di wo fie asem’
- Uganda medical workers strike at Ebola hospital
- Law Society of Ghana pays courtesy call on Speaker
- ‘Every player wants to write their name in World Cup history’ – Andre Ayew
- ‘Afcon fiasco was a wake up call for Ghana’ -Andre Ayew
- Amount involved in full bailout of Liquidated Fund Management Firms hits ₵3.65bn – BoG
- Recognise effort of investors – Kwesi Ernest tells artistes
- ‘I want to win the AFCON or World Cup for Ghana’-Andre Ayew
- Foreign investors own ₵31.7bn of Ghana’s debt securities on GSE