Unionized workers of the Ghana Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA) have threatened to resume their strike if government fails to hand over the entire 640 acres of land for the installation of their equipment.
The Lands and Natural Resources Ministry has allocated 20 out of the 640 acres of land at la Nkwantanan near Adenta for the installation of the equipment.
The Lands Minister, Nii Osah Mills after a meeting with the workers allocated the 20 acre land for the installation of the €600,000 equipment.
He told Joy News in an interview that the allocated land is adequate for the intended use.
But workers of the GCA disagree. They rejected the offer and in protest embarked on a strike Saturday to register their displeasure.
This resulted in the suspension of domestic flight operations for a couple of hours at the airport.
In an interview with Joy News, immediate past president of the Ghana Air Traffic Controllers Association, Michael Kwapong Atiemo said the allocated land is not enough.
He said 640 is what has been allocated for the installation of the equipment and “we will not accept anything less than 640 acres,” he stressed.
The unionized workers are however to meet the Chief of Staff at the Flagstaff House on Monday towards finding a lasting solution to the issue.
- ‘I never promised to build a harbour in Cape Coast’ – Akufo-Addo
- Fact-check: Did the NPP promise to build a harbour in Cape Coast?
- Visa refusal for MPs supporting anti-LGBTQ+ Bill should prompt them to develop the country – Adusei Poku
- You are responsible for what you do with your feelings – Apostolic President tells LGBT community
- ‘God says we should sing a new song’ not plagiarise – Cindy Thompson to take legal actions against offenders
- NDC must pass Vote of No Confidence on Mahama – Atta Akyea on 1 million secret ballots claim
- NDC Caucus begin audit of MPs refused visa to establish whether it is linked to anti-LGBTQ+
- I lied because people were associating me with politics – Cindy Thompson on ‘Awurade Kasa’
- Funny Face threatens to kill his baby mama and commit suicide
- Cape Coast Metropolitan assembly members blame EC for chaotic MCE confirmation
Togbe Afede XIV calls for law to ensure successive governments complete ongoing projects
Full text: Sammy Gyamfi’s speech at NDC press conference over persistent increase in fuel prices
‘You lied to Ghanaians about fuels prices’ – NDC tells Akufo-Addo
Livestream: PM Express discusses Komenda Sugar factory and the role of politics
Women are more susceptible to mental illness due to biological makeup – Psychiatrist
Consider our students when posting teachers – Principal of Jackson College urges government
Vodafone’s Ashiokai Akrong is ‘HR Practitioner of the Year’
Personnel of K-9 unit of Ghana Police Service deployed across Accra
Barber jailed for abduction and defilement
Akufo-Addo commissions engineering workshop at Cape Coast Technical University
Develop daily routines for your children – counsellor
NBA Vaccination Saga: Is Kyrie Irving being selfish?
Milovan Rajevac reveals desire to give opportunity to home-based players
Huawei partners with Communications Ministry to train 20,000 SHS students in Cybersecurity
Fatawu Issahaku earned his place with performances in the U-20 team – Milovan Rajevac