Former Member of Parliament for Awutu Senya West, George Kojo Nenyi Andah, has been installed as acting Akyempim Odefey of the Senya Beraku Traditional Area.
The former Deputy Communications Minister whose installation took place on Tuesday will serve under the stool name, Nenyi Kobena Andakwei VI.
“To the greater glory of God, on Tuesday 8th of June 2021, at a solemn ceremony in line with tradition and custom, I had the honour of being sworn in to serve as the Acting Akyempim Odefey of the Senya Beraku Traditional Area under the stool name Nenyi Kobena Andakwei VI,” he said in a statement.
Mr Andah explained he was nominated after an engagement with the elders of the Royal Akyempim Family House of the Andah/Anderson descendants which began on March 26, 2021.
“I have been praying, consulting family and other stakeholders, and asking God why me and why at this time. I am very humbled and have offered myself to serve, and I pray that the good Lord guides me along that path if that is His will,” he added.
The one-term MP who made a name for himself in the corporate space as an astute marketer said, “leadership should not be about the position of power of occupancy, but the unflinching desire to cause positive change in the society or wherever I find myself.”
“I feel strongly within me that if it’s the will of God, I should use this huge caretaker responsibility given me, to try one more time, now as an insider, to learn the tradition and culture of the people of Senya.
“I have to try one more time to unite the good people of Senya Beraku by influencing a positive end to the protracted Chieftaincy issues in Senya Beraku, and ultimately stay together and work for the betterment of Senya and the entire Awutu Senya West,“ he urged.
He further expressed his most sincere appreciation to the Andah, Anderson, Hagan and Barning families for the prayers, support, and confidence reposed in him to perform the task ahead.
- Construction work by manufacturing company causing artificial earthquakes in Bortianor – Residents
- Shatta Wale showers dollars on Nana Ama Mcbrown
- Auditor General indicts former Nhyieso MP over failure to recover ¢500k of Assembly’s Common Fund
- Defence and Finance Ministers to answer questions in Parliament over Presidency’s hiring of private jet for foreign travels
- ‘I miss living life with you’ – T. B. Joshua’s wife marks his 58th birthday
- One of 2 robbers who attacked and robbed motorist on Fiesta Royale-GIMPA stretch arrested
- TUTAG to proceed with strike action despite NLC order
- #FixTheCountry: Leave social media, come and plant trees – Oti Regional Minister to campaigners
- GPL wrap: Hearts extend lead at top, King Faisal climb out of relegation zone
- I was slapped, burnt after Nkrumah was overthrown – Former lady-in-waiting to Fathia Nkrumah
Euros On MGL: Scotland v Czech Republic betting preview
Ghana set to produce its own vaccine – Presidential Advisor on Health
Livestream: Day 9 – Appointments Committee vets Thomas Mbamba, Abdulai Abanga and 2 others
We are working with Political authorities to get Hudson-Odoi- GFA president
Nii Marmah Boye: Security at GIMPA; What the school must do
Auditor General indicts KMA over using Assembly’s Common Fund to pay judgment debt
Use digital platforms to reduce paper usage – Ursula
FixTheCountry case adjourned over late filing of documents
Playback: Foreign Minister to address the nation on Ghana’s election to UN’s Security Council, 59th ECOWAS meeting
Asantehene commends board and management of ADB for refocusing on its core mandate
GRA optimistic of addressing automation tax payment challenges by July
Euro 2020: Heart doctor’s Twitter thread on Christian Eriksen collapse is eye-opening
Sir John’s funeral: Government begins monitoring persons who participated – Nsiah Asare
Auditor General indicts former Nhyieso MP over failure to recover ¢500k of Assembly’s Common Fund
Today’s front pages: Monday, June 14, 2021