The Ghana Education Service (GES) has released new reopening and vacation dates for all senior high schools.
In a press release, the Service stated that it has adjusted the academic calendar for the 2021 academic year while urging school authorities to communicate the new dates to staff, students and parents to plan accordingly.
Form 3 students are expected to return to school on May 5, 2021.
For schools still running the double-track system, form two batches on the green track will reopen on June 1, 2021 while those on the gold track will vacate on May 29, 2021.
The Form One students on the green track will vacate on June 15, 2021, while those on the gold track will vacate on May 4, 2021.
Meanwhile, the Form 1 students in these schools who have been placed on the single track will also vacate on June 15, 2021.
For schools running the single-track system, Form 2 students will reopen on June 1, 2021, while Form 1 students will vacate on July 16, 2021.
“Additionally, Heads of SHSs running Double Track for Form 1s are to, as a matter of urgency, communicate to all parents about the designated tracks for their wards to enable them to plan accordingly,” GES wrote in a statement.
Earlier this month, the Ghana Education Service announced that it has changed the reopening date for final year students in senior high schools from Tuesday, April 6, 2021, to Wednesday, May 5, 2021.
The decision, the Service explained, came after considering a proposal from the Conference of Heads of Assisted Secondary Schools (CHASS).
To critics, the move was due to the fact that schools in the country are not adequately furnished with the new curriculum logistics.
But, GES in the statement, assured parents and students that “the new academic calendar will be published in due course.”
- CCTV footage shows final moment of student-journalist who was killed in a hotel
- We’ll stop escorting your cash if you don’t acquire armoured bullion vans – IGP warns banks
- Bullion van attack at James Town: IGP directs CID to take over investigation
- GPL: Asante Kotoko beat Inter Allies in five-goal thriller
- Families of 2020 election violence victims in Techiman to get 4-bedroom houses
- Behind the scenes: Stephen Appiah and Laryea Kingston when #EurosOnMGL cameras are off
- Tiwa is not my wife – Yaw Sarpong reacts to rumours
- Former dance champion, Alex Ofori, dead
- Bankers Association to hold emergency meeting over carting of currencies across country
- IGP must retire for a more enthusiastic officer to take over – Security Analyst
Euros On MGL: France v Germany betting preview
Ghana complete Asian tour with no wins after South Korea defeat
Tracey Boakye holds plush birthday party for 1-year-old daughter; showers cash on her
Say it right: ‘Request’ not ‘request for’
Police should step up their game in retrieval of unlicensed firearms – Accra Mayor after bullion van attack
“Concerned Staff of GCB” publication on bad corporate governance and others, false, malicious – GCB Bank
Driver of GNPC boss loses wife in attack by gunmen in Kumasi
Euros On MGL: Hungary v Portugal betting preview
Ghana, Kenya to facilitate inter-regional trade
Execute prisoners who have been sentenced to death – Deputy A-G designate
Ecobank Ghana pledges support for women in agriculture
13-year-boy kills 2 bandits who kidnapped him
John Boadu petitions CID over alleged involvement in ‘galamsey’
14-year-old storms police station to report father for rape
Strikes work, it is a very strong tool – Ofosu Asamoah