Presiding Archbishop and General Overseer of the Action Chapel International (ACI) ministry, Nicholas Duncan-Williams has advised people to take the Covid-19 vaccine.
According to the archbishop, his decision to take the vaccine as a man of God is an act of wisdom and common sense and not a lack of faith.
He said persons who have chosen not to take the Covid-19 vaccine are victims of conspiracy theories and lies being spread about the vaccine in the media, especially social media.
The Archbishop who was preaching on Sunday, March 7, 2021, also admonished people to not discourage others from taking the vaccine just because they have decided not to get vaccinated.
“It takes faith to take the vaccine. It takes faith. And I said the reason why you’re not taking the vaccine is because you’re afraid of what will happen to you if you take the vaccine. You’re afraid because you’re a victim of conspiracy theories on social media,” he stated.
Ghana is currently vaccinating citizens with some 600,000 doses of Covid-19 vaccine gifted to the country through COVAX, an initiative to get the world’s poorest people vaccinated.
The first dose was taken by President Nana Akufo-Addo so as to boost public confidence in the vaccine and repel conspiracy theories against the vaccine.
Some people have been critical of men of God who profess to have spiritual powers of healing taking the vaccine.
They argue that such persons ought to rely on their faith for protection against the virus but the Archbishop has disagreed, stressing that it is an act of faith to take the vaccine.
- Task force destroys excavators allegedly belonging to NPP Women’s Organiser
- Fuel prices to go up again – Chamber of Petroleum Consumers Ghana
- Cameron Duodu: Sɛbe o, tafrakyɛ, na ‘Ɔte K’ɔkɔɔ Soɔ’ deɛ, yɛbɔ n’ano sɛn? – With all due respect, how can the occupant of the Golden Stool be silenced?
- 23-year-old arrested for attempting to sacrifice his nephew for money rituals
- Kokomba warriors kill human-attacking antelopes
- Mahama’s ‘dumsor’ is different from Akufo-Addo’s – Kweku Awotwi
- Armed men attack NPP Communicator
- Armed robbers jailed for robbing, raping pregnant woman
- 2nd dose of Covid-19 vaccines to be deployed from May 19 – Akufo-Addo
- Dr. Adoma Dwomo-Fokuo Odame: Dear Sam George, red is the only colour that matters
Farmers in Upper East unhappy about increase in prices of government subsidised fertilizers
Executive recruitment for position of EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
SSCIS and partners to offer fully-funded masters programme to girls in Ghana and Nigeria
Government’s initiatives to fight Covid-19 even better than those of advanced economies – Bawumia
Police await final report on 2-year-old boy sacrificed by father
Victoria Awusi Hlovor
Rapper J. Cole makes his debut in African basketball league
Dr Opuni, others file motion for stay of proceedings
Business Executive held over spousal murder halts wife burial
Miss Universe contestants unveil protest messages in politically charged pageant
Sometimes the girl who is always there for everyone else needs someone there for her
I don’t write songs for people anymore – King Promise
NDC has done more for healthcare in Ghana than NPP – Sammy Gyamfi responds to Nana Aba Anamoah
“I’m not proud of it” – referee for Hearts v Sharks game apologises for errors
Ghanaians to re-register SIM cards in June or risk losing phone numbers