The Ghana Football Association has expressed joy at the return of the Ayew brothers, saying it is satisfied with President Mahama’s intervention in persuading them to return to the Black Stars.
This follows the decision of the Olympique Marseille duo – Andre and Jordan Ayew – to call off their self-imposed international break from the Black Stars early this year. They cited various reasons behind their decision.
The two missed this year’s Africa Cup of Nations in South Africa after they were overlooked by coach Kwesi Appiah.
Speaking to XYZ Sports, the vice president of the Ghana FA Fred Crentsil described the news as a good development.
“They have rescinded their decision and that is good for the team and the FA, every Ghanaian who qualifies to play for the national team must be given the chance, so if at the end of the day someone who decided to retire from the team wants to come back again then is a great development and it will enhance our chances of making another appearance at the World Cup in Brazil,” he said.
The duo changed their minds after a crisis meeting with Ghana president John Dramani Mahama on Tuesday.
The two players are therefore going to be available in September when the Black Stars take on Zambia in the final World Cup qualifier in Kumasi.
Andre Ayew who broke into the Black Stars’ back in 2007 has made over 40 appearances and scored four goals while Jordan sticks with 10 games since 2010 he joined the team.
- Nigerian jailbreakers re-arrested in Ghana after crossing Volta River
- I asked Akufo-Addo to forgive me for opposing Bawumia as running mate – Ama Busia
- Akuapem Poloo’s child is with me, he doesn’t know what is going on – Actress’ lawyer
- NDC must focus on healing the horse, not selecting a rider – Kunbour
- 12 leading clubs confirm formation and format for breakaway Super League
- Whether dumsor is back or not, current power outages must be resolved immediately – Prof Adei
- ‘A tenant may be evicted for a month’s arrears’ – Rent Control
- 7 times Ghana has beaten Nigeria to the prize
- Attorney General supports my motion for appeal – Lawyer for Akuapem Poloo reveals
- Second dose of Covid-19 vaccine can be taken 4 weeks after the deadline stated – GHS
Fire razes over 30 shops at Kumasi Central Market
Afienya, Ashaiman, Katamanso and other areas in Accra to have interrupted supply – Water Company
2 drug traffickers excrete 191 pellets of cocaine, heroin at Nigerian airport
Japan Motors launches New Nissan Sunny in Ghana
Security man in trouble for allegedly defiling 4-year-old girl
NIC commends Allianz Insurance and UBA on bancassurance partnership
WHO data shows taking vaccines 12 weeks after first dose more potent – Dr Kwame Amponsah-Achiano
Landlords who demand over 6 months rent advance from tenants could be jailed – Rent Control
2021 global food policy report: Rebuilding food systems after Covid-19
Dr Theresa Mannah-Blankson and Haruna Alhassan: Ghana’s post-pandemic Eurobond ‘success’
eTranzact secures Enhanced PSP license from BoG
Man remanded for defiling 3-year-old girl
Linda Dor stopover becomes hell for passengers as thieves raid VIP bus
Government interest costs on domestic borrowings fall again; T-Bills target also drops 6.6%
National Peace Council commends GAF for ensuring peace during elections 2020