The Ghana Football Association (GFA) insists there are no favourites for the Black Stars coaching job.
An eight-man team is looking through the credentials of over 120 applicants and will meet next week to draw up a shortlist before interviewing them for the job.
Former France international Marcel Desaily is widely regarded as the favourite for the job but GFA vice president Fred Pappoe who is part of the eight man search team says the platform is level.
“I think the platform is level for each and every one. We must be fair, we must be transparent. At this stage nobody can talk about favourites,” Pappoe said.
“This eight-man team will sit through, short a list and do due diligence and interview the top four or five candidates on the way to selecting the next coach for the Black Stars.”
Names like Juande Ramos and Brazil’s World Cup winning coach Luiz Filipe Scolari have been mentioned in connection with the job but both are highly unlikely to be on that shortlist especially as Scolari is still in contract with Brazilian club side Palmerias.
- Asking Domelevo to proceed on leave unconstitutional – Supreme Court
- Prof Gyampo slams Akufo-Addo over presidency’s request for CVs of senior EC officials
- Supreme Court strikes out law that allowed government to impose restrictions during Covid-19 pandemic
- Prof. Ama Ata Aidoo passes on aged 81
- Essipong: The Decaying Sports Stadium
- Petrol, diesel prices to stay same; LPG to go down 5% – IES
- Abedi Pele watches Jordan Ayew face off with Andre Ayew at Selhurst Park
- Fire burns shops at Madina-Ritz junction again
- National Cathedral: We need $100m to import steel for work to proceed – Dr Opoku Mensah
- Ama Ata Aidoo’s iconic 1987 interview that shook the world
- Supreme Court ruling comes as a very big birthday present to me – Domelevo
- Supreme Court verdict sets the rule clear going forward – Daniel Domelevo
- I have no regret serving as Auditor-General – Yao Domelevo
- It’s better late than never – Domelevo rejoices over Supreme Court ruling against forced leave
- EC sets June 27 for Assin North by-election
- 2023 AfroSport Summit: LaLiga joins conference for second straight year
- I’m sad presidency is at the forefront of doing unconstitutional things – Domelevo on Supreme Court ruling
- Tighten rules of Public Financial Management Act to cut budget deficit – Terkper
- Adanwomasehene inaugurates 3-unit classroom block for Adanwomase R/C Primary
- Ghana to fully digitize GMet weather observation system
- Climate Change Talks: Loss and Damage Fund and GST take centre stage as AGN strategises for Bonn SB58
- Simon Wilberforce Kwami Tsadidey
- WAFU B Women’s U20 Cup: Ghana seal final spot with comeback win over Burkina Faso
- ATL is official fabric sponsor at Kumasi Fashion Week 2023
- PFAG provides clarity on Yussif Chibsah’s ‘King Faisal player bribe comments’