The Bukom Township will see fireworks on Saturday, 29th October as the Ghana National Amputee Football Team, the Black Challenge, play their Bukom counterparts, Bukom XI, in a special seven-a-side football at Bukom.
The special match, arranged as part of preparations towards the Black Challenge’s impending African Cup tournament in Accra, would feature some prominent football stars like ‘Bobby Short’ of Accra Hearts of Oak and Great Olympics fame.
Another surprise appearance is the famous boxer, Braimah Kamoko, popularly known as ‘Bukom Banku,’ who would be the guest player for Bukom XI. He has promised fireworks.
The match starts at 4:p.m at Bukom Square, a mini park where many of the great players like Laryea Kingston started playing football.
Ghana will be hosting the 3rd Cup of African Nations for Amputee Football (CANAF 2011) from 18th to 27th November, 2011 in Accra.
Twelve (12) African Nations, namely Ghana, South Africa, Kenya, DR Congo, Senegal, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Algeria, Egypt, Niger and Angola are expected to participate in this prestigious tournament.
- NCA to shut down 49 TV stations for operating without license
- Police arrest 40 suspected criminals at Kasoa in Wednesday morning swoop
- Emanuella features in Australian action film ‘Survive Or Die’
- ‘I find myself in a very enviable position’ – Hassan Tampuli on ministerial appointment
- Mark Okraku Mantey appointed Deputy Minister-designate for Tourism, Arts and Culture
- 5 Ghanaians arrested in Dubai for smuggling weed; one jailed for 10 years
- Guinness Ghana’s Samuel Meyir Dery Joins FanMilk as new Marketing Director
- Suspect who slit throat of girlfriend in Ho remanded in police custody
- Headmaster found hanging dead from a tree behind his house in Techiman
- Election 2020: It is absolutely preposterous to think NDC didn’t collate its results – Afriyie Ankrah
Rastafarian suit: Achimota School fails to respond to suit, case adjourned to April 30
IEPA, UNESCO Category II institute Inaugurates board members for West Africa toward achieving SDG 4
Let’s take charge of our future and our resources – Anika and Jabari Osaze
Motorbikes, tricycles contributes over 40% deaths, enforce law on banning – GPRTU
Education institutions must pay domestic utility tariff – TMA
Cocoa Management System will track progress of children in school – Cocobod
Tema East MP hails Speaker Bagbin and Dean of Presiding Members
All set for opening of IIPGH Digital Design & Creative Hub
Prudential Bank discusses transportation at 2nd AfCFTA Summit
NDC risks losing party bigwigs over accountability issues – Mohammed Frimpong
4 suspected phone snatchers nabbed at Ashaiman
Madina MP launches educational fund to mark 100 days in office
Teberebie residents receive free medical care
Pizza Express moves to hire 1,000 staff after cutting 2,400 jobs last year
No need to panic about China’s export of Cocoa – COCOBOD