The Ghana Beyond Aid Committee has apologised for the photo it used for the cover page of the strategy document.
According to a statement from the committee, the photo “emanates from Kenya.”
“The Committee apologises unreservedly to the President and the nation for this error, and takes full responsibility for it,” Dr. Eric Yeboah, secretary to the committee wrote.
The committee said it will replace the photo before bulk copies are printed for widespread circulation.
President Nana Akufo-Addo launched the document on May Day 2019.
He said the essence was to create a nation that would be self-sufficient and prosperous, governed according to the rule of law, respect for human rights and individual liberties as well as the principles of democratic accountability.
It turns out the photograph used on the cover of the document was not an original photo, it is from Kenya.
Find the full apology below
It has come to the attention of the Ghana Beyond Aid Committee that the commissioned photograph on the cover page of the “Ghana Beyond Aid Strategy Document”, outdoored on May Day by the President of the Republic of Ghana, emanates from Kenya.
The Committee apologises unreservedly to the President and the nation for this error, and takes full responsibility for it. We are ensuring that the cover page of the document is replaced before bulk copies are printed for widespread circulation. We regret this error, once again.
The document will guide our nation towards an irreversible pathway of progress and prosperity, and the Committee encourages all stakeholders to support the implementation of its contents.
- Ablakwa kicks court writ on the ground upon service by bailiff
- Rev Kusi Boateng injuncts Ablakwa from further publications on him
- Growing list of companies ordered by GRA to pay back-taxes
- Rev Victor Kusi Boateng sues Ablakwa for defamation
- GOIL attributes drop in diesel price to Gold for Oil barter deal
- I’ve instructed my lawyers to act on Rev Kusi Boateng’s injunction against me – Ablakwa
- Check out Akufo-Addo’s reaction as Black Sherif performs for him
- Diana Hamilton reveals why she won’t talk about National Cathedral
- Ex-policeman gets death penalty for lawyer’s murder
- Jihadists may have infiltrated Bawku – Upper East Regional Minister
- Musk found not guilty of fraud over Tesla tweet
- Man shot by police was cleaning out – family
- Number of staff suing Twitter ‘goes up daily’ – lawyer
- Nursing and Midwifery institutes prioritising theory over practical skills – Oncologist
- I started smoking at the age of 11 – Musician OJ Blaq reveals
- Ebenezer Kojo Kum resigns as Chieftaincy Minister
- President Akufo-Addo accepts Chieftaincy Minister’s resignation
- Livestream: One-on-one with Seth Terkper on PM Express
- I did national service in Aliu Mahama’s office despite being NDC member – Sam George
- Flora Tissue grants renowned actor Fred Amugi’s 74th birthday wish
- I’m unable to confirm whether 1st gold for oil consignment was paid in cash – Deputy BoG Governor
- I’ll later explain my comment about people who watch movies for long hours – Yaw Dabo
- University of Ghana VC must go – Concerned students demand
- Groundworks underway for construction of modern film studios in Ghana, West Africa – Idris Elba
- GRA withdraws $672m back-tax demand from MTN Group