Football activities in Ghana could resume soon following a meeting between FIFA/CAF Normalisation Committee and the Ghana League Clubs Association(GHALCA) on Tuesday evening.
The Ghana Premier League and other domestic competitions are on suspension following the airing of the Anas Aremeyaw Anas expose in June.
However, in a joint statement released after the meeting, the two parties stated they “recognize the need to resume football activities in Ghana and most especially the welfare of players.”
They also agreed to develop a competition to keep players active in the absence of the Ghana Premier League.
Below is the full statement
The Normalization Committee and the Ghana League Clubs Association (GHALCA) met on 26th September, 2018 to discuss the way forward for Ghana Football.
Both parties recognize the need to resume football activities in Ghana and most especially the welfare of players.
The meeting also unanimously agreed on the development of a Competition. Once developed, details will be announced.
Both parties wish to reassure football loving Ghanaians that their game will be back with the excitement and professionalism that it deserves.
MRS. LUCY QUIST KUDJOE FIANOO
(VICE PRESIDENT, NORMALIZATION COMMITTEE) (CHAIRMAN, GHALCA)
- Education Minister fingered in $1.2 million ‘phantom’ training scandal
- Another rainstorm to hit Accra, Cape Coast, and other towns tonight – GMet
- ‘Owoo family does not exist in Osu; it is a scam’ – Member of Osu stool
- Otto Addo names Ghana squad for Madagascar, CAR and four-nation tourney
- Remove structures obstructing free flow of water immediately – Akufo-Addo charges MMDAs
- I am not aware of any meeting with Privileges Committee – Adwoa Safo
- Some Christian leaders are not speaking against pervasive corruption because they have been bribed – Prof Martey
- Songs Akufo-Addo should have on his playlist if he truly cares
- More public officers are going to be caught in this web – Martin Kpebu on investigations into Sir John’s will
- ‘Is dumsor back or not?’ – Ghanaians argue on social media
US-based young Ghanaian entrepreneurs pioneer “Airbnb” rent module in Ghana, Africa
I will fail my ministry if I fail to be the best mum – Adwoa Safo
We’ve taken cautious approach to pilot digital currency – Governor
WAFU U17 Zone B: Ghana to host Nigeria in opening game
Akufo-Addo is well aware of my condition – Adwoa Safo
African leaders signal support for African Development Bank’s emergency food production facility
Make AfDB preferred multilateral financier of Africa’s development – Akufo-Addo
I’ve not given up on NPP, I’m still committed to the President – Adwoa Safo
Akufo-Addo is the only person who can sack me – Adwoa Safo
Exclusive: Adwoa Safo speaks on family, NPP, absence from Parliament
I will return when issues with family are resolved – Adwoa Safo
Low income earners tend to be at higher risk of developing stroke – Health expert
Lands Minister requests information on all transactions affecting Achimota Forest
I am not aware of any meeting with Privileges Committee – Adwoa Safo
Mmofraturo Girls School gets new toilet to improve hygiene and sanitation