The government of Ghana has placed a travel ban on Israel, South Korea, and Malta commencing Monday, December 20.
According to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Regional Integration, the travel ban on Israel and South Korea will last 14 days.
However, the ban on Malta is indefinite.
This is in line with the government’s drive to control the importation of the Omicron variant of the Covid-19 into the country.
In the press release on the ban on Israel, the government stated that all travel to and fro Israel is restricted “except in exceptional humanitarian cases or during official visits.”
It added that “Permission would have to be obtained from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Regional Integration in exceptional cases.”
On South Korea, the statement stressed on “a temporary travel restriction on all travelers arriving from South Korea, from Monday, 20th December 2021 for a period of 14 days.”
Meanwhile on Malta, aside from the indefinite travel ban, the Ministry announced that “the Government of Ghana does not recognize any vaccine certificate from Malta.”
The Ministry called on Ghanaians to take note of the directive and adhere to it accordingly.
- Parts of Accra flooded during Saturday’s rains
- I was once a victim of ‘juju’ attack – Yvonne Nelson
- The only time Gender Minister’s absence bothered Akufo-Addo was during E-Levy passage – Agbenyo laments social protection situation
- 7 fascinating facts about female masturbation that everyone should know
- Mbappe rejects Real Madrid and will renew with PSG!
- We’ll be in ‘dumsor’ if new capacity generation contract is not signed within 4 years – Kweku Awotwi
- Twitter users debate content of Black Sherif’s ‘Kwaku The Traveller’ video
- ‘God never said anywhere in the Bible our wives should take our surnames’ – Clergyman
- ‘I’m divorcing my wife because she’s late for everything’ – Man seeks advice on his marital issues
- One-year-old boy dies after being raped by 2 Russian soldiers, Ukraine says
Livestream: The Law discusses implications of invalid by-laws
Kwabena Afrifa Jnr: Colorblind
Tolon SHS temporarily closed down after fire outbreak at dormitory
Desist from capitalising on Nkoranza crisis for your own interests – Police warns
Exercise caution in your work to prevent loss of lives – IET urges engineers
‘Companies wanted to pay me less because I am an Ewe-speaking artist’ – Edem
Aggrieved NPP supporters in Aowin set party office on fire over constituency elections
29 cleared to contest NPP Volta Regional Executives elections
I have the grace of God but worked hard to achieve all I have – Scott Evans
‘I will urge Cheddar to bring more tigers; it’s a good idea to boost our tourism’ – A-Plus
Parts of Accra flooded during Saturday’s rains
Achimota Forest would have been an Ecotourism Park if NDC was in power – Jinapor
‘God never said anywhere in the Bible our wives should take our surnames’ – Clergyman
History will keep repeating itself until you change it
‘I’m divorcing my wife because she’s late for everything’ – Man seeks advice on his marital issues