Comedian Jacinta has appealed to Ghanaians who patronise comedy shows organised and or headlined by her colleagues to share their thoughts on the show on social media when they enjoy them.
According to her, this next move of praising and talking about the show on their various platforms would go a long way to project comedians in Ghana.
In an interview with KMJ on Showbiz Now on JoyPrime, Jacinta, who just performed at a comedy event in the UK at Leicester Square Theatre, called on patrons to not just watch the show and return to their homes without taking the opportunity to ensure the worth of comedy in Ghana.
Talking about her performance at the event, which featured other comedians from the African continent, especially South Africa and Nigeria, Jacinta said she was happy about her performance and the feedback that came from the crowd after the event.
The comedian, who was the only act from Ghana, also hinted that she has her first stand up comedy special coming up this year, and plans are far advanced for that event.
The Leicester Square Theatre is a 400-seat theatre near Leicester Square, in Westminster, London.
It was previously known as Notre Dame Hall, Cavern in the Town and The Venue. The theatre hosts stand-up comedy, cabaret, music, plays and comedies.
- Ebenezer Owusu writes: Things are not the same anymore
- It’s difficult doing business in Ghana, 21.9% tax on hospitality businesses harsh – D-Black
- Prof. Stephen Adei partners Chirano Gold Mines to roll out Innovative Literacy Program for local communities
- Democracy comes with rights and responsibilities – Enam Akoetey chides #OccupyJulorbiHouse organisers
- Dr UN Award incredibly stupid; I can’t believe I fell for that nonsense – D-Black
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Police apologise to public inconvenienced during protest
- GPL Week 2: Eric Bosomtwi stunner buries Kotoko in Bibiani
- Rwanda suspends coach for Black Queens are “like men” comment after 7-0 demolition
- Must it take you 2 years to publish alleged $1m bribery audio? – Barker-Vormawor’s integrity questioned
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Asking Special Prosecutor to quit over ‘frustrations’ wrong – Domelevo
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Current Assets Declaration Law is a joke – Domelovo
- Africa World Airlines marks 11th anniversary with exciting passenger rewards and expansion drive
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Roads blocked as protesters march towards Jubilee House
- Cedi remains relatively stable since February 2023; Y-T-D depreciation to dollar stands at 22.5%
- LaLiga: Barcelona beat Celta Vigo after dramatic comeback