Chelsea’s Olivier Giroud became France’s second-highest goalscorer of all time – surpassing Michel Platini – in a friendly hammering of Ukraine.
Giroud, 34, scored twice in the first half to take his tally to 42 on his 100th international appearance, nine adrift of Thierry Henry’s record.
Teenager Eduardo Camavinga, 17, netted the opener on his full debut to become France’s second-youngest scorer.
Corentin Tolisso, Kylian Mbappe and Antoine Griezmann all found the net.
Didier Deschamps’ side also benefited from Vitaliy Mykolenko’s own goal and although Viktor Tsygankov pulled a goal back for 4-1, the visitors were outclassed in Paris.
The thrashing marked the worst defeat in Ukraine’s history, with the side now managed by former AC Milan and Chelsea striker Andriy Shevchenko.
- Afia Schwarzenegger fined GH¢60k in contempt case
- Gospel musician accuses police of killing her brother in a scuffle over cash
- Deadline for Domestic Debt Exchange Programme extended to Feb 7
- Assault of Latif: Attorney General begs for time to pursue settlement talks
- Minority leadership rancour is a needless distraction – Okudzeto Ablakwa
- Trader jailed for causing harm to ‘Good Samaritan’
- Stonebwoy revisits VGMA brawl with Shatta Wale on The Breakfast Club
- UTAG-GIJ threatens to withdraw from UniMac merger
- Football transfers: Kamaldeen Sulemana chooses Southampton over Everton
- Former UGSRC Veep vows to defeat John Dumelo in Ayawaso West NDC primaries
- NHIS medicines and service tariffs upwardly adjusted
- PayPal cuts 2,000 jobs as global economy weakens
- Daddy Lumba inspired me as a young producer – Appietus
- DDEP: Labour unions will meet to ‘advise ourselves’ – Angel Carbonu on pensions
- Ridge City signs agreement with Everton to become partner club
- Petrol, diesel now sell at ¢15.25, ¢15.90 per litre at pumps
- Will Smith and Martin Lawrence returning for fourth ‘Bad Boys’ movie
- Domelevo yet to receive emoluments nearly 3 years after being ‘forced out’
- Debt exchange: I don’t want to believe there are conmen in government – Carbonu on pensions
- Hubtel wins big at Ghana Fintech Awards 2022
- ‘Kamaldeen feels he can help Southampton immediately’ – Nathan Jones
- Fire kills mother, 2 daughters at Abuakwa
- 34 women arrested for prostitution in Tema, each granted GHs5k bail each
- Ex-soldier sues government, colleagues over sexual abuse
- aYo insurance covers over 8 million Ghanaians in 5 years