Government is hoping to achieve an inflation rate of 18.9% by the end of December 2023.
Inflation stood at 40.4% in October 2022, far above the revised end of year target of 28.5%.
Delivering the 2023 Budget in parliament, Ken Ofori-Atta said the figures were arrived at after considering the macro-economic targets for the medium term.
“Based on the overall macroeconomic objectives and the mediumterm targets, the following macroeconomic targets are set for the 2023 fiscal year: End-December inflation rate of 18.9%, Overall Real GDP growth of 2.8 percent”, he said.
Mr. Ofori-Atta stated that the Bank of Ghana will continue to monitor inflation developments and respond appropriately to contain price pressures.
“Monetary Policy will focus on using the monetary policy rate to, among others, contain inflationary pressures”, he said, adding that government will complement Monetary policy with sound Fiscal measures to control inflation.
He pointed out that since August 2022, the Bank of Ghana has successfully been working with the mining firms, international oil companies, and bankers to purchase all foreign exchange arising from the voluntary repatriation.
- Paa Kwesi Schandorf: 5 things Otto Addo must fix after our game with South Korea
- Ashanti NSS boss insults nurse for suggesting a change in prescription
- Government still wasteful but imposes austerity on Ghanaians – Joe Jackson
- Fire destroys shops at Kantamanto market
- That is not my style – Ashanti Regional NSS boss apologises for insulting nurses
- Fentuo Tahiru Fentuo: The day Kudus shone, in Jordan’s shadow
- Ex-Black Stars midfielder Sulley Muntari retires, age 38
- ‘Mr and Mrs Adeleke’: Fans gush over photos of Chioma with Davido and her in-laws during 1st public appearance
- World Bank concerned about Ghana becoming more reliant on natural resource extraction
- Petrol, diesel prices to go down by 10% – IES
- Motorists, residents outraged over poor state of Olebu roads
- Government urged to increase school feeding grant per child from GH₵ 1.00 to GH₵5.00
- Black Stars Playbook: Ghana 3-2 South Korea; why Ghana struggled in the wide areas
- 2022 World Cup: Koulibaly powers Senegal to last 16 after win over Ecuador
- NSS summons Ashanti Region boss for investigation
- Play Soccer Ghana commemorates Global Peace Games 2022
- State Prosecutors call Manasseh Azure Awuni as first witness in trial of former PPA boss
- Why NGOs should embrace digitisation of payments and collections
- ‘You’ll see, more is coming from my boy’ – Andre Ayew on Kudus’ future
- Amassing wealth as a politician is wickedness – Executive Director of CNIR
- Qatar 2022: You risk going to jail if you resell match tickets – Sports Minister warns Ghana supporters
- Kantamanto market fire: we need stakeholder engagement to provide affordable microinsurance – Insurance Brokers Association
- South Sudan urged to prosecute top officials linked to rape
- Sack Ashanti Region NSS boss; he is unfit to be director in public service – GRNMA tells government
- Cardinal Baawobr was a champion for the poor – Wa Catholic Diocese