Deputy Minister of Finance, Kwaku Kwarteng, has issued a strong warning to freight forwarders who may want to use the old customs management systems to declare their goods.
He said the new integrated system being managed by Universal Pass (UNIPASS) should be used at all the 49 border posts including, Elubo and Aflao.
The new system has been deployed by Ghana Link Services Limited and Korea Customs Services in collaboration with the Ghana Revenue Authority.
The Minister made the comment in reaction to assertions by some freight forwarders that the old management system works better for them.
Mr Kwarteng said it will be in the interest of the freight forwarders to comply with the government’s directives.
“If anybody that is required to process through the new system chooses to do it through the old system so be it…at some point they are not going to be able to do that. So the earlier they start doing business through the new system, and if there are challenges they get them resolved, the better it will be,” he said.
He added that the government will not pay the old vendors if they process declarations by the freight forwarders and at some point, they will be compelled to shut down their system.
- Petrol, diesel now sell at ¢15.25, ¢15.90 per litre at pumps
- Cedi to remain stable against dollar
- Debt exchange: I don’t want to believe there are conmen in government – Carbonu on pensions
- Bank of Ghana has printed over GH¢50bn in one year – Minority Leader
- Ghana’s economy to rebound in 2024 – IMF
- Akufo-Addo assigns Employment Minister additional responsibility for pensions
- DDE: Labour holds government to ‘exemption to all pension funds’ promise
- Fire kills mother, 2 daughters at Abuakwa
- GRA descends on Melcom over issuance of fake electronic VAT invoices
- Presidency spent GH¢15m on car tyres and batteries between Jan and Sept. 2022 – Ablakwa
- Some public basic schools turning pupils away due to lack of infrastructure – Educationist
- Morocco-Spain: King Mohammed VI and Pedro Sánchez hold telephone conversation
- COVID-19 Funds Misappropriation: “Heads must roll” – SEND Ghana
- COVID-19 Audit Report: Disregard for laid down procedures disturbing – Benjamin Quashie
- A father ‘gone too soon’: Tyre Nichols funeral held in Memphis
- Those in charge of education do not believe in the basic education system – Rev. Isaac Owusu
- School Placement Corruption: Abolish “protocol list” system – GII
- Pope Francis in DR Congo: A million celebrate Kinshasa Mass
- Schools in 6 regions yet to receive any textbooks – Education advocate
- What warranted the payment of Covid risk allowances to staff of Ministry of Information? – Sammy Gyamfi asks
- UniMAC-GIJ to hold 4th inter-faculty lecture
- Playback: PM Express discuss how to fix our schools of shame
- 12 persons arrested for involvement in robbery, murder cases
- Over 65 African researchers have received more than $1.5m for NTD research
- Joy Clean Ghana Campaign: AMA environmental health officers attacked by traders at Agbogbloshie