Black Stars coach Avram Grant has noted that he is eager to welcome injured player Kwadwo Asamoah in the team for next year’s AFCON and World Cup qualifiers.
The former Liberty player has not played for the Black Stars since Grant took charge the team last year.
The Juventus player has been battling with a knee injury knee injury which has kept him out all this while.
But Avram says he is in constant contact with Kwadwo Asamoah and hopes he recovers soon to join the Black Stars.
“Kwadwo Asamoah is a top talent. I spoke to him not long ago. He will return to playing next week,” Grant said in an interview
“I hope he can return to top shape. If Kwadwo Asamoah recovers and he is fit he will provide good competition to the guys we have."
Asamoah is expected back in training at Juventus in a week’s time after suffering a recent setback.
Grant has also backed Baba Rahman to make a positive impact at his former club Chelsea despite his shaky start.
Rahman has been struggling for a starting role at the club. But Grant who knows the clubs philosophy following his engagement on the technical team believes Baba will come good if given the opportunity.
“Rahman has played well in the Black Stars till now but I don’t know what is happening at Chelsea,” said Grant
I hope he plays, I must tell you that as a young player, his first year in England will not be easy.
He played in Europe and I saw him in the last game and he gave a good assist and I think he has a great future,”
Follow Joy Sports on Twitter: @Joy997FM. Our hashtag is #JoySports
- Headmaster found hanging dead from a tree behind his house in Techiman
- 5 Ghanaians arrested in Dubai for smuggling weed; one jailed for 10 years
- ‘I find myself in a very enviable position’ – Hassan Tampuli on ministerial appointment
- Power providers can’t guarantee consistency with ‘dumsor’ timetable – Energy Analyst
- SSNIT OBS scandal: State sues Ernest Thompson, 4 others again
- Rastafarian case: Achimota School fails to respond to suit, case adjourned to April 30
- Hyundai, KIA to establish assembly plants in Ghana in 2022
- There’s no scientific evidence that Free SHS led to success in WASSCE – Peter Anti
- Kumasi traders call on ECG to extend ‘dumsor’ timetable to Ashanti region
Asantehene calls on Ghanaians to fight against climate change
Weed, snakes, engulf government’s One-District-One-Warehouse facilities
The world marks Earth Day
NDC’s horse was strong, rider was also strong – Ofosu-Ampofo responds to Kunbour
Ghana Poultry Project trains youth in entrepreneurship
SMT Ghana assist construction of School project in Tarkwa
Deputy Lands Minister-designate assures of solutions to La stool lands dispute
Suspending prospecting activities in forest reserves a good step – Ken Ashigbey
Nana Agradaa re-arrested after being granted bail
16 ‘galamsey’ excavators seized at Amenfi West in Western Region
2 sales personnel convicted for stealing
Armed illegal chainsaw operators frustrating forestry officers in Dormaa West District
Protect Ghana’s Covid-19 strides – GHS advises increased adherence to protocols
Court jails labourer 15 years for defilement
Eli Hini appointed as first CEO of MobileMoney Limited