Antoine Griezmann promised to work on his penalties having joked his wife’s absence may have resulted in his spot-kick miss against Albania.
However, Griezmann was unable to add to the tally when presented with a first-half chance from the spot, his effort crashing off the crossbar and coming back into play.
Asked about his penalty miss, the Barcelona attacker said: “I don’t know [what happened]. I don’t know.
“As I said earlier, maybe it’s because my wife didn’t watch the game!
“I was on a good dynamic but we can’t score every time. Too bad, I’ll have to work on it.”
While the attacker was not impressed by his spot-kick attempt, he was delighted with the way his side put on a convincing display to remain joint-top of Group H.
“We were missing important players, whether on the field or in the locker room,” he said. “The players who played in their place did it very well.
“We are on the right track and it shows that we are a group. We had a good game. We can only regret the goal we conceded at the end.”
The clash in Paris was delayed as the wrong anthem was played when Albania lined up ahead of kick-off.
Albania’s players were confused over the airing of the national song of Group H rivals Andorra, with the correct anthem eventually played following a meeting between the referee and UEFA officials.
However, there was further embarrassment when the stadium announcer then accidentally issued an apology to Armenia.
“We were very surprised. We were a little shocked,” Griezmann added.
“It’s a big mistake that must not be repeated.
“We waited, and they got their anthem, but it would have hurt us too.”
- 5 feared dead, 15 injured in accident on Accra-Tema motorway
- Blunt and Blay: Finding ‘silence’ for Auntie Ohene from uncle Sam’s ‘noise’
- Far from silence, we suffer a culture of noise – Elizabeth Ohene
- NSMQ 2021: Presec beats Achimota, Chemu and Odorgonno SHS to be crowned Regional Champions
- Akufo-Addo accepts Kissi Agyebeng’s nomination as Special Prosecutor, seeks Parliamentary approval
- Four charged for violating restrictions on public gathering at Christ Embassy ‘Pneumatica Night’
- Seatbelt has saved me 3 times – Alban Bagbin
- Police secures restraining order against #FixTheCountry protest on May 9
- Our job is to fix problems; we are fixing them – Bawumia
- Don’t depend on your children when you retire, it’s a “money mistake” – EDC boss
Demolish structures along ‘Right Of Way’ for railway projects – Otumfuo Osei Tutu II
Innovation Creativity and Entrepreneurship Programme to create opportunity for 140 Young entrepreneurs
Ghana takes delivery of 350,000 doses of Covid-19 vaccines
#FixTheCountry protestors could be NDC – Freddie Blay
Message from the Morning Man: Mrs Awuku’s Kettle
Chiefs urged to remove cultural barriers affecting women’s participation in leadership
Public urged to put political colours aside for national development
What is the big deal? – Bridgette Dzogbenuku on WGHS refusing to let students fast
‘Our ethos was happy music and good vibes’: genre-busting Black British band Osibisa
Remind the public we are not in normal times – Oppong Nkrumah tells Media
76-year-old prophetess burnt to death at Komenda
The youth of Ghana are dissatisfied – Dr Kofi Amoah
Nana Addo’s galamsey fight a ‘soundbite’ fight; President has failed – Sam George
Saturday is Red Cross Day
Widow with 3 kids shares how she goes through the month with ₵1000 salary