The Ghana Stock Exchange (GSE) has approved a request by the Ghana Association of Banks on behalf of the listed Banks for the filing of 2022 audited Financial Statements to be extended by one month to April 30, 2023.
This will enable the eight banks work effectively with their external auditors to achieve the audit objectives.
The banks are; Access Bank Ghana, ADB, CalBank, Ecobank Ghana, GCB Bank, Royal Bank Ghana, Standard Chartered Bank Ghana and Societe Generale.
The Ghana Association of Banks has indicated that their discussions on the Government of Ghana Debt Exchange programme currently ongoing, has affected the finalisation of financial statements for the year ended December 31, 2022, by external auditors of the Banks.
In particular, the deliberations have implications for the assessment of Expected Credit Losses and its impact on 2022 financial statements.
The GSE said it is against this background that the date for filing of 2022 audited financial statements is extended by one month to April 30, 2023.
It urged the banks that can conclude their audit in time, after the ongoing discussions to publish their audited financial statements within the existing statutory timeline.
- Father and daughter die in a gory accident at Ejisu-Onwe
- Celebrities, luxury cars flood social media as Kwame Despite sparks reaction with birthday
- Bodies of 10 civilians allegedly killed by soldiers released to families for burial
- 12 persons arrested for involvement in robbery, murder cases
- I couldn’t attend PRESEC-Legon because our cocoa farm got burnt – Seth Terkper
- Women have been misled about menopause says New York Times
- ‘I am a fixer, not a talker’ – Dr Osei Adutwum tells critics
- It is unreasonable for Opuni’s case to drag on for 6 years – Attorney General
- Ghana’s School of Shame: My statement was ‘photoshopped’ – Dr Adutwum
- There is no biometric record of Victor Kusi Boateng in our database – NIA tells Ablakwa
- Blakk Rasta slams Efya after ‘who is he?’ statement
- Playing at the World Cup was a dream – Kamaldeen Sulemana
- Shegah bounces back with new single, ‘Cool Chop’
- Don’t engage military in combat – Upper East REGSEC to Bawku residents
- I feel pain after sex with my husband of 9 years, I don’t know how to tell him – Emotionally troubled woman
- Andre Ayew set to reunite with Steve Cooper at Nottingham Forest
- We ‘neutralised’ 6 armed men in Bawku – GAF on allegations of killing 7 locals
- Mason Greenwood attempted rape charges dropped
- Military officers rescue NEDCo staff locked up for disconnecting UDS from power supply
- AGI unhappy with level of tariffs increment for beverage sector; warns of collapse of industries
- eTranzact adjudged ‘Leading Fintech Solution Provider’, grabs 2 other top awards
- Nigeria election: Biometric voting system, other reforms commendable –
- My goal is to make an impact with my craft – DWP Academy US manager
- Birim River is one of the most polluted water bodies – Cecilia Dapaah
- France defender Varane retires from international football