Arsene Wenger has confirmed that Italian outfit Fiorentina have made an offer for Arsenal striker Marouane Chamakh.
Chamakh has struggled to force his way into the Gunners side on a regular basis since arriving on a free transfer from Bordeaux two years ago and it is thought Wenger is happy to let him move on.
Following the arrival of Lukas Podolski and Olivier Giroud this summer, the 28-year-old will slip even further down the pecking order and a move will happen if Fiorentina can match Arsenal’s valuation.
Wenger has yet to go public on the figure he would be looking for but has confirmed that Fiorentina have made a bid for the player that is now being considered.
“Fiorentina requested information on his availability and made an offer,” said Wenger.
Meanwhile, Arsenal are set to take French starlet M’Baye Niang, who currently plays for Caen on trial.
Newcastle and Stoke are also keen but the Gunners have nipped in and will take first look.
- 13 reasons behind Akuapem Poloo’s sentencing
- NDC suspects doctoring of Techiman South election summary sheets
- ECG releases ‘dumsor’ timetable; outages to begin May 10
- Mahama must call sycophantic campaigners to order – Kunbuor
- Stolen ring causes teenager’s finger to rot at Pantang
- We’re running into a credibility problem – Kunbour on unanswered calls for NDC’s election 2020 collated figures
- ECG to announce ‘dumsor’ timetable for works on Pokuase BSP
- Kasoa ritual killing: State charges 2 teenage suspects with murder
- Chad President Idriss Deby dies ‘in clashes with rebels’
- Forum held at Tema meant to reaffirm cadres group as major organ in NDC – Ben Ephson
There’s no cause for alarm – Linda Dor assures public following reports of robbery
NDC cadre could’ve asked for 2020 election collated figures if interested – Ade Coker to Kunbour
Hacklab 2021 ends with 9 commercially viable AI Solutions
22-year-old sentenced to 10 years imprisonment for defilement
2 suspects arrested for burning 64-year-old woman in North East Region
Derek Chauvin found guilty on all charges in the death of George Floyd
CHAG, SafeCare Ghana certify 28 assessors for nationwide evaluation of CHAG facilities
Cargo truck involved in accident at Kadjebi
Kunbour mustn’t behave like a serial caller – Ade Coker
Kasoa Opeikuma businessman killers arrested at Buduburam
Brace yourselves for more floods until wetlands are reclaimed – NADMO to Kumasi residents
Oil marketing sector risk collapse over market saturation, unhealthy practices – Oil marketing companies
Re: Linda Dor highway rest stop allays fears of commuters
Ed Woodward resigns from Manchester United role
Kotoko to pay Maxwell Konadu $41,000 for breach of contract