Lewis Hamilton’s reign of dominance continued at Imola with his ninth race win of the 2020 season, as team-mate Valtteri Bottas came in second.
It was the perfect result for Mercedes, who clinched a seventh consecutive Constructors’ Championship with a dominant afternoon’s work.
A well-timed Virtual Safety Car helped Lewis Hamilton to victory at the Emilia Romagna Grand Prix as Mercedes officially clinched the 2020 constructors’ championship.
Valtteri Bottas qualified on pole and looked in a good position to claim a third race victory of the season, but damage to the bottom of the Finn’s car coupled with a change of strategy from Hamilton saw the Brit win his third straight race.
Max Verstappen was well-placed to finish second, and perhaps even push Hamilton towards the end of the race, but spun into the gravel with just 13 laps remaining after suffering a problem at the rear of his car.
The Mercedes one-two saw the Silver Arrows claim their seventh successive constructors’ championship and their 11th race victory of 2020, with Verstappen and Pierre Gasly the only drivers to have loosened Bottas and Hamilton’s grip on the season.
- Asamoah Gyan’s run, Bagbin’s dance and Black Stars fans’ clean-up as fans celebrate S. Korea win in style
- Paa Kwesi Schandorf: 5 things Otto Addo must fix after our game with South Korea
- 2022 World Cup: Mohammed Kudus inspires Black Stars to beat South Korea
- Norway Appeal Court dismisses Oslo chancery building case against Ghana
- Social media reacts to Black Stars line-up against South Korea
- Police arrest 7 gunmen who stormed hospital in attempt to kill teen
- ADB appoints Yakubu-Tali as new MD
- 2022 World Cup: Andre Ayew, Kudus could miss Uruguay clash with yellow cards against South Korea
- Policy rate hits 27%; loans to become more expensive
- Gunmen stop sermon and rob churchgoers in South Africa
- Infrastructure development and infrastructural reforms not adequate – Torgbuiga Adzonugaga Amenya Fiti V
- Africa Faith and Justice Network support victims of early child marriage
- Meteo predicts intense dry weather conditions in coming days
- Government’s decision to withdraw FX support for rice imports not well thought through – Senyo Hosi
- GHOSPA petitions NHIA to revise prices of medicines
- 2023 budget mere rhetoric, without real substance to it – Senyo Hosi
- National Vaccine Institute is 95 per cent complete – Dr Nsiah-Asare
- Ghana Science Association calls for application for Young Scientist Essay Challenge 2022
- Akufo-Addo congratulates Black Stars for South Korea’s defeat
- 2022 FIFA WC: Ghanaians should expect more from us – Gideon Mensah after Ghana’s win
- Playback: PM Express discuss the 2023 Budget
- Police investigate chief over alleged support for nomads suspected of robbery attacks at Ejura
- Major mining firms were consulted in Gold for Oil policy – BoG Governor
- BoG warns growth may remain below potential levels
- World Bank concerned about Ghana becoming more reliant on natural resource extraction