Socialite Abena Korkor has apologised to persons affected by her recent outburst.
Ms Korkor regained media attention when she named Stephen Appiah, Stonebwoy and Asamoah Gyan as some men she has allegedly slept with.
She has made similar accusations in the past, blaming it on her bi-polar disorder and subsequently apologised.
I render a general apology to all men and women whose image I have tarnished by dragging our private business to the limelight. I will not attribute all my actions to bipolar disorder. I am seriously dealing with some mistakes I made in the pasts and my childhood trauma. pic.twitter.com/oCIHAR7Cpk— Nana Abena Korkor Addo aka Lencyonfire ☮️ (@abenakorkor) March 18, 2022
In the recent case, following a series of reactions that greeted her revelation, the socialite has once again apologised to “all men and women whose image I have tarnished by dragging our private business to the limelight.”
But she did not limit the blame at the doorstep of just the medical disorder.
“I am seriously dealing with some mistakes I made in the past and my childhood trauma,” she tweeted on Friday.
Stephen Appiah has already debunked her claims in a strongly worded statement on Thursday.
The former Udinese player said, “I have never encountered the said author in any special way other than at a few open and public events where she sought my permission to take pictures with me.”
But in another tweet, Abena seems to have taken exception to the statement.
Managers of celebrities must learn cyber forensics . I am just healing ❤️🩹 but in an unpredictable manner. Therapy is opening cans of worms 🐛. Stephen Appiah don’t let your management destroy you. Sometimes the truth won’t kill you. Me, one Miss Abena Korkor ! Reword attempted pic.twitter.com/pAg7tC6S8E— Nana Abena Korkor Addo aka Lencyonfire ☮️ (@abenakorkor) March 18, 2022
She warned the celebrated sportsman that “…don’t let your management destroy you. Sometimes the truth won’t kill you.”
- Former Minister for Monitoring and Evaluation, Dr Akoto Osei dies aged 64
- 2 Ghanaian students honoured for topping West Africa in 2022 WASSCE
- Bridget Otoo’s horrifying story of how her car was nearly snatched on Tema motorway
- AFCON 2023Q: Chris Hughton opens Black Stars camp with 8 players
- Police probe Prof Frimpong Boateng’s Jubilee House ‘galamsey’ allegations
- GACL settles GH¢10m out of GH¢28m owed ECG; balance to be paid in 2-weeks
- Ofori-Atta leaves for China for crucial debt restructuring negotiations
- ECG recovers GHȼ18.5m out of ȼ46.9m from 3 state institutions
- Avoid mass gatherings, restrict your movements to safe areas – Ghana’s Mission in SA to Ghanaians
- Dismiss hangers-on appointees at Presidency – Asiedu Nketia tells Akufo-Addo
- Ambulance case: State abusing its prosecutorial powers – Ato Forson’s lawyers to court
- Akufo-Addo swears in 3 new members of Electoral Commission
- Putin says ties with Africa a priority to Moscow
- Livestream: Graphic Business/Stanbic Bank Breakfast meeting
- Namibia braces for protests on Independence Day
- Ambulance case: Our client didn’t authorise LCs – Ato Forson’s lawyers to court
- ECG disconnects power to Ho Airport, GRA and KFC over debt
- Don’t be deterred by criticisms – Akufo-Addo urges EC
- UPSA names new hostel after national icon Nii Amon Kotei
- Today’s front pages: Tuesday, March 21, 2023
- Cedi may record mixed performance to dollar this week
- T-bills auction: Government to raise ¢3.21bn this week
- The South African choir that performed for Queen Victoria
- Stop the arrogance, downsize your government – Fifi Kwetey tells Akufo-Addo
- Akufo-Addo’s government suffering a complete collapse of credibility – Fifi Kwetey