An avid viewer of Joy Prime named Fadilah, has shared the pain point in her marriage of nine years.
Sharing her thoughts on Prime Morning on Thursday, Fadilah stated that she experiences several medical complications whenever she has sexual intercourse with her husband since they got married.
Fadilah was contributing to the topic, “insecurity in relationships.”
According to her, “Whenever we become intimate, I feel pain. I treat infections, and it disturbs me, but I respect him, and he’s also a respected personality in our area. So, I haven’t been able to exit the marriage or tell him about it, because he may ask why I’m leaving the marriage.”
The viewer said she noticed after two years in the marriage that the husband has been cheating with another woman, but has been unable to confront him.
She saw this after scrolling through the chats on her husband’s phone.
Prior to that, the distraught woman has been looking for an elder, a mature person, with whom she could share her feelings, but she has been unsuccessful.
She is emotionally traumatized and confused as to what decision to take at the moment.
In response to the issue, relationship expert and life coach, Amos Kevin-Annan, stated that keeping such experiences to oneself would undoubtedly cause pain, as such things are common in humans.
Additionally, he advised that it would be better to build confidence in one’s approach before attempting to view the other partner’s electronic device, urging couples to be mindful of the ethical considerations for using a spouse’s phone.
“Nine years is a long time. This is where I talk about the ethics and the protocols surrounding the use of devices and gadgets. If you didn’t pick up the phone, you wouldn’t see anything, but the moment you pick it up and look through it, it stays in your head. After watching it, you haven’t also been able to confront the person, and then it gives you a headache.”
He also advised that “there’s a need for us to be very careful and mindful not to seek to be prying into things without expressly building a confident environment to do so.”
He said such things happen due to the developing perception of marriage as “a boss and slave encounter.” He thinks it should be reciprocal.
The life coach urged couples to avoid secretly stalking their partners and be transparent, saying it shows respect for each other.
He further admonished that “love is supposed to be something that we mutually exchange and enjoy together. Where there are difficulties, we all together hold our hands and endure them together. It shouldn’t be one person enduring and the other enjoying. If it is enjoying, let us all enjoy; if it is enduring, let’s all endure.”
The life coach is also of the opinion that most of these problems are influenced by movies. He stated that not everything seen on the screen can be emulated in reality.
- Russia ‘will bomb any country that arrests Putin’ – Former Russian president
- Afenyo-Markin pleads for confirmation of ministerial nominees
- AFCON 2023Q: Antoine Semenyo nets last-ditch winner as Black Stars beat Angola
- Social media reacts to Afena-Gyan’s rejection of Black Meteors call-up
- Ghana v Angola: Jordan Ayew, Kudus start as Chris Hughton era begins
- Ashaiman invasion: We have been commended for ridding town of criminals – DG of Armed Forces Public Affairs
- Funny Face opens up on relationship with Emmanuel Adebayor
- Ghana power firms reject move to restructure $1.4bn debt
- Cedi improves in value against dollar; $1 now ¢12.40
- Organ-trafficking Nigerian politician, wife found guilty
- Attempts by Bawumia’s supporters to politicise enskinment of new Yagbonwura disrespectful – Joyce Bawah
- Exploring the art of drum making
- Mahama begins 3-day campaign tour of the Western Region today
- Police called to Rihanna’s house after man shows up to propose
- ECG retrieves almost ¢2.5m from 2 defaulting firms in Kumasi
- South Africa opposition vows to ‘protect’ Putin from ICC arrest
- 2023 AFCONQ: Ghana 1-0 Angola: Player Ratings – Partey shines, Mensah struggles
- Ramadan: Nigerians face arrest for ‘eating in public’
- AFCON 2023Q: Benching Andre Ayew was my choice – Chris Hughton
- GSE signs MoU with MIIF to increase listing of mining companies
- AFCON 2023Q: I just want to be effective for the team – Antoine Semenyo
- Today’s front pages: Friday, March 24, 2023
- Mahama and other NDC flagbearer aspirants to be vetted next week
- AFCON 2023Q: Chris Hughton calls for efficiency after winning start
- Government needs to ensure enough public tax education – Prof. Ebo Turkson