Ghanaian musician, Kofi Kinaata says his love for football is what cheered him to form two football teams to help talented players in Takoradi.
The ‘Susuka’ hitmaker told JoyNews’ Becky in an interview that he owns Move FC, a colts club and Effiekuma Move FC, a third division club, both based in Sekondi-Takoradi.
“We have a team and we will be competing in the juvenile level. We have under 13, 15 and third division. It all started with my football background and love for the game.
According to the multiple award-winning artiste, “Growing up in Efikuma, the only source of entertainment is playing football and that explains why we have lots of parks around.” He added he hates to see talents go to waste.”
“I hate to see talents go to waste, like people playing without any push from nowhere. I motivate them by buying them football boots though they’re not signed, I tried to push them and later I decide to take it to the next level so I decided to make it a football team so I know they are under my care”.
Born Martin King Arthur, Kofi Kinaata is a musician and songwriter from Takoradi in the Western Region.
He is noted for his unique lyricism and freestyles in the Fante dialect which has earned him the name ‘Fante Rap God.’
Apart from his rap prowess, he has grown into a very good singer taking the highlife genre by storm.
Kofi Kinaata recently bagged an ambassadorial deal with Enterprise Insurance Company.
His recently released song ‘Thy Grace’ is receiving massive airplay across the country.
- I have received calls to stop disconnection exercise – ECG boss
- Bride ‘faints’ briefly as Joe Mettle pops up at her wedding reception
- George Addo Jnr appointed Director of Communications at UK’s Coach Hene Sports Club
- My divorce drew me closer to God – New EC member Rev. Akua Ofori Boateng
- Ato Forson was criminally reckless in ambulance transaction – Attorney General
- Ghana Immigration Service cancels filling of embarkation and disembarkation forms
- IMF bailout to depend on government’s ability to achieve 55% of debt to GDP – Fitch
- Fitch upgrades Ghana’s rating to ‘CCC’
- I was praised for singing Teni’s song in church – New EC member
- Beige Bank case: Nyinaku accused of issuing misleading investment certificates to unsuspecting customers
- Funny Face opens up on relationship with Emmanuel Adebayor
- The Weeknd named world’s Most Popular Artist by Guinness World Records
- Don’t approve 5% tax on beverages, widen tax net – Food and Beverage Association tells government
- AG Dame dialogues with UK Deputy PM over criminal justice reform
- Immigration fuels Canada’s largest population growth of over 1 million
- Walking barefoot improves menstrual flow, eyesight, sleep, hypertension, pain, and inflammation
- Jay Bahd is bigger than the ‘Best New Artist’ category – DJ Slim
- Russia ‘will bomb any country that arrests Putin’ – Former Russian president
- Gisele Bundchen says Tom Brady divorce was ‘death of my dream’
- Akufo-Addo’s appointments of NPP activists to EC require amendment of Article 43 – Mahama
- ICC concerned by Russia’s ‘threats’ over Putin warrant
- Why is everyone wearing these cartoonish red boots?
- Ken Ofori-Atta leads delegation to start debt restructuring talks with China
- BBC advises staff to delete TikTok from work phones
- Volta ECG reconnects Ho Airport, GRA, others after payments