Audio By Carbonatix
Highlife artiste Bisa Kdei has rejected claims, he pays bloggers to publish fake news about him to help him stay relevant in the music industry.
Speaking on Daybreak Hitz on Hitz FM, Monday, Bisa Kdei stated, “negative stories affect my relationship with my fans all the time, so there is no way I would pay someone to publish such a story.”
His comments come after he was accused by blogger David Mawuli, in March, he deliberately had his “fake” arrest story in the United States published to push attention of Ghanaians on him and his works.
In an interview on Daybreak Hitz, the blogger alleged that the story was fake and was schemed to create a hype around the artiste who had been out of favour from the public for a while.
Bisa Kdei in his interview stated although there was a miscommunication between him and his management on the account of what ensued at the scene, there was no deliberate action to create a buzz for him.
According to him, his management had misinterpreted the video he had posted on Snapchat after he was asked by the police to leave the neighbourhood he was shooting his music video in.
Bisa Kdei explained, his team concerned for him and worried about the news the media would twist out of his post on Snapchat, released a statement first.
He added, “when I saw the news circulating, I called my management to really explain what had happened.”
The ‘Mansa’ hitmaker said he was unaware they could not shoot at the venue, “we paid the director for everything and went ahead with his plans.”
Bisa Kdei revealed the people in the neighbourhood may not have been too thrilled to have some people disturbed them hence they called the police.
“I posted the video I took on Snapchat just to make fun of myself,” he added.
The ‘Brother Brother’ told Andy Dosty, host of the show bloggers on their own added photos of a man arrested and handcuffed by the police “but the man in those photos was not me”
Bisa Kdei added he would not pay for negative stories about him to be published to boost his career as David Mawuli claimed. That will only push back the efforts he has made so far.
Watch the interview below:
Latest Stories
-
Police could not justify GH₵35.8 million bill for 2023 African Games – LOC Chair
2 minutes -
TGMA is not the platform to judge fashion – Nana Akua Addo
3 minutes -
2028 election will be youth-driven—Bawumia
14 minutes -
IGP Yohuno ‘doubles’ police academy intake for officers for Course 54
15 minutes -
We don’t have to go back, 17 times at IMF is enough – Nana Yaa Jantuah
33 minutes -
Current account surplus: quarter one 2026 exceeds 2025 period by US$652m
35 minutes -
Lynx quits artiste management, focuses on music distribution and electronics
39 minutes -
Opponent watch: Modric headlines as Croatia announce 2026 World Cup squad
39 minutes -
NPP members in Tarkwa-Nsuaem to protest over alleged internal electoral irregularities
42 minutes -
MPC opens 130th meeting to review Ghana’s economy
43 minutes -
UK growth forecast upgraded by IMF but risks remain
45 minutes -
Xenophobic attacks: First batch of 300 Ghanaians to be evacuated from South Africa on May 21
47 minutes -
Irish president to meet King Charles during official visit
53 minutes -
Deprived districts to benefit most from 8,000 health workers’ recruitment — Health Ministry
54 minutes -
GNFS honours Director of Logistics DCFO Heroine Sekyere Boakye after 36 years of dedicated service
58 minutes