Sanitation Minister, Cecilia Abena Dapaah, has lashed out at the Municipal Chief Executive of the Weija-Gbawe Municipal Assembly for failing to ensure proper sanitation in the municipality.
According to the Minister, the MCE’s failure to provide waste bins to residents has contributed to the poor sanitation of the area.
“Your one-house, one-bin is not working”, she wants the MCE, Patrick Kwasi Brako, to provide more bins to households.
Cecilia Abena Dapaah made the comments during a visit to the municipality.
During the tour of the municipality, the Minister noted that drains were now serving as dumping sites for refuse because waste bins were scarce.
The Minister stated that it was mandatory for the MCE to inspect and make sure that proper measures are enforced in ensuring proper sanitation in the municipality.
She gave the MCE an ultimatum of two weeks to supply the municipality with enough waste bins.
“I’m giving you till the end of November, by the end of November, we will write to you. Whoever doesn’t do it, I’ll break your leg. You produce garbage and you pay for it. Simple!”, she added.
The sanitation tour began at the Weija-Gbawe and Kasoa municipalities and is intended to rank and award the cleanest municipalities across the country.
Patrick Kwasi Brako admitted that dealing with sanitation was one of his biggest challenges and assured the Minister that he will comply with her directive.
- Playback: Akufo-Addo delivers 25th address on measures taken against Covid-19
- Cameron Duodu: Sɛbe o, tafrakyɛ, na ‘Ɔte K’ɔkɔɔ Soɔ’ deɛ, yɛbɔ n’ano sɛn? – With all due respect, how can the occupant of the Golden Stool be silenced?
- Fuel prices to go up again – Chamber of Petroleum Consumers Ghana
- Kokomba warriors kill human-attacking antelopes
- Taskforce destroys excavators allegedly belonging to NPP Women’s Organiser
- 23-year-old arrested for attempting to sacrifice his nephew for money rituals
- 2nd dose of Covid-19 vaccines to be deployed from May 19 – Akufo-Addo
- Full text: Akufo-Addo’s 25th address on measures to deal with Covid-19 pandemic
- African Ministers of Health endorse and support Africa Common Position on Covid-19 passport
- Hologram, QR Code to authenticate full vaccination status of Ghanaians
1975 Sekondi College year group visits alma mater
Authorities of Cape Coast School for the Deaf and Blind appeal for infrastructural support
Classroom block for Islamic School commissioned in Akatsi North
DR Congo: 30 sentenced to death over anti-police clashes
PPP backs calls for independent probe into alleged assault of Caleb Kudah
Bawumia endorses Ghana’s candidate for Commonwealth Youth Council
Livestream: 5th edition Ghana CEO Summit
Mahama’s ‘dumsor’ is different from Akufo-Addo’s – Kweku Awotwi
GIPC hints of 5 years tax holidays for aquaculture investors
PharmAccess’ Dr Maxwell Antwi appointed to UHC2030 Advisory Group
Assault on journalists: Media Groups call for restructuring of National Security agency among others
Dr. Adoma Dwomo-Fokuo Odame: Dear Sam George, red is the only colour that matters
Miss Universe contestants unveil protest messages in politically charged pageant
Galamsey: Desilting and dredging of the Offin river underway
Enhance babies’ food with micronutrient powder – Nutrition Officer