The Greater Accra Regional Minister, Henry Quartey, has warned personnel deployed to ensure a cleaner Accra to execute their duties diligently.
According to him, reports of abuse and extortion during the discharge of their duties will not be taken lightly.
“Anybody who even makes an attempt to collect somebody’s tomatoes, you are gone… If you make an attempt to extort from somebody, even one cedi, you are gone,” he said on Monday.
He was speaking at a brief ceremony in Accra to deploy some 898 men and women as part of the Operation Clean Your Frontage initiative.
Addressing the gathering, he highlighted the need for the programme as it begins today.
He subsequently cautioned the City Response Team against acts that will undermine the intent of the task force.
“Discharge your duties professionally as you have been trained by the military. You are not to brutalise the people. You are supposed to engage them,” he added.
The team has since paraded through major streets in the capital in a procession.
The taskforce is expected to clamp down on the indiscriminate disposal of waste across the city.
- Ayew brothers dropped as Inaki Williams starts for Black Stars in Nicaragua clash
- 3rd-year Mechanical Engineering student tells story of how he begged for a plate of food
- Player Ratings: Black Stars beat Nicaragua in Spain
- Fatawu Issahaku scores debut goal as Black Stars record narrow win over Nicaragua
- Social media reacts to KT Hammond’s criticism of youth who hooted at Akufo-Addo
- “Very frustrating” – Asamoah Gyan on Black Stars midfielders not passing to strikers
- Samuel Boadu leaves Hearts of Oak by mutual termination
- Too early to speculate on debt restructuring – IMF
- Galamsey takes over rice farms in Upper Denkyira East
- Otto Addo hints at mass changes for Nicaragua friendly
- 17 OMCs failed to pay taxes – Auditor-General’s Report
- Government meets fiscal deficit target of 5.3% of GDP, current expenditure contained
- Homes flooded in Kumasi after hours of rain
- Cocoa Syndication Loan to build strong buffer for cedi – Ofori Atta
- Stanbic Bank partners KNUST WiSTEM to empower women in STEM
- Debt restructuring process with IMF not concluded – Finance Minister
- 2022 World Cup: 70 per cent of current Ghana squad will be in Qatar – Otto Addo
- Apple removes Russia’s largest social network from the App Store
- 11 in 11 years: Hearts of Oak coaches axed under Togbe Afede XIV
- Shakira to stand trial in Spain for tax evasion
- Footage for Akufo-Addo’s tourism video was acquired legitimately from an agency – GTA on Kirani Ayat’s theft claims
- Absa Bank deepens support to Startups and SMEs with ‘YouStart’ partnership
- Playback: Ofori-Atta speaks on Ghana-IMF negotiation
- Failure to repay mobile money loans will attract negative repercussions – BoG
- ‘You played a tremendous role in Covid-19 fight’ – Akufo-Addo to churches