Audio By Carbonatix
Raphael Mensah, the individual wanted by the Office of the Special Prosecutor (OSP) for his alleged involvement in a corruption-related offence, has returned to Ghana and surrendered to authorities.
Mensah, who was abroad when a wanted notice was issued for him on 8 July 2025, appeared in court today and was granted bail under strict conditions.
The OSP had accused Mensah of aiding and abetting the improper use of a public office for personal gain, contrary to sections 20(2) and 179C(a) of the Criminal Offences Act, 1960 (Act 29).
The notice described him as a key suspect in a case involving the exploitation of public office for private benefit.
Upon his return, Mensah voluntarily presented himself to the OSP and was subsequently arraigned before the court.
The presiding judge granted him bail set at GHS 100,000 with two sureties. Additionally, Mensah was ordered to deposit his passport with the court and report to the OSP every two weeks as part of his bail conditions.
The OSP had earlier urged the public to assist in locating Mensah, providing contact details for tips. His return marks a development in the case, which has drawn public attention amid Ghana's ongoing anti-corruption efforts.
The OSP has in the past reiterated that all persons are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. The case is expected to proceed as investigations continue.
Latest Stories
-
GIBA calls on NCA to review FM coverage restriction directive – GIBA President
4 hours -
Future of Ghana’s media will be defined by AI, digital disruption and regulatory reform – GIBA
4 hours -
Mahama stayed away so Ministers could speak freely – Kwakye Ofosu opens up on Damang Mine Cabinet debate
4 hours -
Kylie Minogue says cancer experience ‘still with me’
4 hours -
Dozens of romance scammers arrested after specialist fraud squad investigation in UK, Nigeria
5 hours -
Ghana to bid farewell to Aps Kwadwo Safo as funeral rites set for July 30
5 hours -
Son of Mango boss arrested over father’s fatal fall from cliff
5 hours -
Video: Moment Arsenal squad found out they were Premier League 2025/26 champions
5 hours -
Starbucks Korea sacks CEO over controversial ‘Tank Day’ promotion
5 hours -
Google to release first smart glasses since Google Glass flop
5 hours -
Two-time winner Alcaraz out of Wimbledon with injury
5 hours -
GSA shuts down 5A Homes for allegedly producing substandard mattresses
5 hours -
Heads of SHSs cite Buffer Stock Company over missing cost details of food supplies
5 hours -
Gov’t breached oil fund law for 5 years, kept $100m cap instead of $584m – PIAC report
5 hours -
Buffer Stock Company says SHS food prices are agreed by stakeholders, denies lack of transparency
5 hours