Jermaine Jackson has revealed who will perform at an all-star tribute for his late pop icon brother Michael.
Jermaine, who used to dance and sing alongside his sibling in the Jackson 5, announced the line-up in Vienna.
Mary J Blige, Natalie Cole and Sister Sledge are among dozens of artists set to perform, he said.
The entertainers will cover Michael’s greatest hits on a crown-shaped stage being erected outside the Austrian capital’s former imperial Schoenbrunn Palace.
Chris Brown, Akon, Angela Bassett, and Germany-based boy band US5 are also among the 13 artists confirmed so far, Jermaine and event promoter Georg Kindel said.
More names will be unveiled at news conferences later this week in London and Berlin.
The songs to be performed will include Thriller, Billie Jean and Black or White.
Organisers are billing the event as the main global tribute to Michael, who died on June 25 in Los Angeles.
The gig is set to be broadcast live to one billion fans around the world on September 26.
Jackson’s family and children will be in Vienna, and 65,000 fans are expected to attend, Kindel said.
- Nana Agradaa re-arrested after being granted bail
- Election 2020: It is absolutely preposterous to think NDC didn’t collate its results – Afriyie Ankrah
- Headmaster found hanging dead from a tree behind his house in Techiman
- SSNIT OBS scandal: State sues Ernest Thompson, 4 others again
- Joe Ghartey files appeal against Sekondi High Court’s ruling
- Rastafarian Saga: Achimota, all schools under GES cannot be sued – Attorney-General
- Suspend prospecting activities in all forest reserves – Lands Minister directs
- Rastafarian case: Achimota School fails to respond to suit, case adjourned to April 30
- There’s no scientific evidence that Free SHS led to success in WASSCE – Peter Anti
- I don’t know Hearts of Oak, Kotoko is the biggest club in Ghana – Fabio Gama
Akuapem Poloo regains freedom after meeting bail conditions
131 youths in Asutifi North trained in livelihood empowerment skills
Why Tina Turner belongs in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
Enimil Ashon: Wikipedia’s insult of the black race
Shani Cooper-Zubida: Earth Day 2021 – An unprecedented opportunity to restore our Earth
Kwasi Appiah unilaterally stripped Gyan off Black Stars captaincy; it led to worse AFCON performance – Tanko
Police commence investigations into alleged suicide of Queen of Peace JHS headmaster
Sompahemaa Foundation donates items worth ₵50k to artisans in Suame
CDD Ghana conducts School Performance Appraisal Meetings in Kadjebi improve quality of teaching and learning
Nyantakyi never interfered in player call-ups; leave Akonnor alone – George Afriyie tells Kurt Okraku
3 brothers, 3 Olympic berths and 9 medals – Story of the Samir family
National Best Farmer calls for introduction of agricultural ambassadors
‘We’ll invoke Alien Compliance Order to free our nation from aliens’ – Angry judge cautions Fulani man
Nana Adwoa Baafi: Navigating obstacles around progressive portrayal of women in arts
Sad state of Ghana’s only Abedi Pele monument