The presidential election is important but so are the Senate races. Democrats are hoping to seize control of the Senate and one of those seats could come from Lindsey Graham in South Carolina. One of Trump’s most passionate defenders has been challenged by Jaime Harrision and the polls are tight.
According to South Carolina polls, 65-year-old Graham is ahead of 44-year-old but only by a few percentage points. Morning Consult poll reports Graham leads 46.4% to 44.2% over Harrison in an “online poll of 904 people conducted between Oct. 22 and Oct. 31.” There is a margin of error of plus or minus 3 percentage points.
Siena College/The New York Times Upshot poll has Graham up six points at 46 percent. However, FiveThirtyEight predicts Graham is favored to win. Regardless of the outcome, Harrison has made major inroads and even broke fundraising records.
He raised $57 million in the third quarter this year – a record amount over that period of time for a Senate race. He smashed the previous three-month haul of $38 million by Democrat Beto O’Rourke in the third quarter of 2018, in his race against incumbent Texas Sen. Ted Cruz.
- Stephen Appiah excludes Asamoah Gyan from his list of best Ghanaian players
- ‘I dread pain and abuse’ – A female head porter opens up on her daily trauma
- Police arrest notorious armed robber in Tema
- ‘Government is either feigning incompetence on the point of how we fix structures or is pretending to fix them’ – Barker-Vormawor
- CID probes 53 schools over alleged corruption in school feeding programme
- Virologist warns of third wave of Covid-19 in Ghana
- Covid-19: GHS to roll out second doses from May 19
- NSMQ2021: Mfantsipim School begins redemption campaign from regional qualifiers
- 2022 World Cup Qualifiers: Black Stars to camp in Europe despite postponement
- Family sues Daasebre Oti Boateng for failing to replace a statue he destroyed
We will not allow any religious group to plunge Ghana into chaos – Muntaka
Akufo-Addo meets families of May 9 victims
Astroturf pitch commissioned to boost football in Old Tafo
Sunyani Muslims join SDA Church in worship
Burglars target Nigeria president’s chief of staff
Climate change: Zoggu residents cannot access water
Amanase residents burn fetish priest’s car over suspected ritual murder
Actor sues TikTok for using her voice in viral tool
9 dead after shooting at Russian school
Apple’s UK users deserve app price compensation, claim says
Today’s front pages: Tuesday, May 11, 2021
Over 10 make-shift structures razed down by fire at Krofrom-Kumasi
Tema Police Command records 3 attempted murder cases in first quarter of 2021
MMDCEs and MPs must collaborate to stimulate development – Kwadaso MP
Gov’t to roll out eight additional interventions this month under Ghana CARES programme-Ofori-Atta