The Essikado-Ketan MP, Mr Joe Ghartey has expressed his heartfelt condolences to the family of the late Dr Ato Panford, the former MP for Shama Constituency in the Western Region.
Dr Panford was MP for Shama between 2017 and 2021 and died at the Ghana Ports and Harbours Authority (GHAPOHA) Hospital in Takoardi, after being ill for a short while.
Mr Ghartey, a presidential hopeful of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) led a team of party members to sign the Book of Condolence at Dr Panford’s residence.
The members include Mr Kwabena Okyere Darko-Mensah, the Western Regional Minister and MP for Takoradi; Mr Samuel Ericson Abakah, MP for Shama; and constituency executives of Essikado-Ketan and Shama.
Mr Ghartey described the late former MP’s death was a shock to him and the entire Essikado-Ketan Constituency.
“I was extremely fortunate to have known him and worked with him. He was an inspiration to all.
“As a mark of respect, I have postponed my nationwide tour of “Hope and Unity” which was to commence on Monday, February 13 in the Western Region to Wednesday, February 15.”
“I pray for his soul and for the souls of the departed to rest in peace until the day of resurrection”, Mr Ghartey said.
Mr Darko-Mensah, the Western Regional Minister also expressed his deepest regret on behalf of the President and Government for the sudden loss of Dr Panford, whom he first met in the 1990s.
He lauded Dr. Panford’s connection with industry in the Western Region – saying he would be remembered for his sense of dynamism in the NPP.
Mr Stephen Koomson, on behalf of the bereaved family, conveyed his gratitude to the delegation for mourning with them.
He said the family had decided to observe the one-week celebration of Dr Panford on February 24 at the St. Paul’s Methodist Church at Inchaba, in the Shama District.
- Supreme Court dismisses case against regulation of plant breeders
- Doctor fired for prescribing ice cream and video games to child with sore throat
- Barker-Vormawor refuses to state his plea as he is slapped with fresh Treason charges
- Archbishop Agyinasare’s comment can trigger security and peace instability – Security analyst
- Some OMCs start increasing fuel prices; Goil selling a litre of petrol, diesel for ¢12.45
- Gyakye Quayson to contest Assin North seat again in June 27 by-election
- ‘Do I look like a fraudster?’ – Shatta Wale reacts to calls for FBI probe over his affiliation with Hajia4Reall
- I paid GH₵30,000 to fix my body – TikToker Aba Dope
- 7 reported dead, several others injured in renewed Gonja – Mamprusi clash
- Gyakye Quayson can vie for Assin North seat; it’s a calculated risk – Amaliba
- Women lead Indian families as men migrate
- Amanda Clinton: Elon Musk’s brain chip implants – The next step in human evolution or a nightmare come true?
- Debt ceiling deal heads to US Senate for approval
- Mourinho throws trademark meltdown after Europa League final defeat
- French Open 2023: Norrie faces Musetti and could play Alcaraz next
- Saudi Pro League can become a ‘top-five league in the world’ says Cristiano Ronaldo
- Kofi Kinaata appointed Oceans Ambassador by SDG advisory unit at the Office of the President
- Ghana hosts International Forum on Agricultural Transformation
- Harm Reduction Alliance-Ghana urges government to adopt Sweden’s approach towards a Tobacco-free society
- France influencers: Jail threat for those found flouting new ad laws
- Taylor Swift fans report ‘amnesia’ following Eras show
- Finance Minister reaffirms government commitment to economic stability to MTN Group investors
- Twitter boss Elon Musk reclaims title of world’s richest person
- US President Joe Biden trips and falls at Colorado event
- Woman jailed 2 months for stealing GH¢4,600