Kanye West has said that he is converting all of his houses into churches.
During a lengthy interview with culture magazine 032c, the ‘DONDA’ rapper spoke of how society needs to progress. “We are under capitalist rule, and it’s killing us,” he said. “It’s time to change that.”
He continued “I’m going to be homeless in a year. I’m going to turn all the homes I own into churches. We’re making this orphanage, and it will be a place where anyone can go.”
“It should be like an artist commune. Food should always be available.”
Elsewhere in the chat, the star touched upon an upcoming planned performance piece called ‘The Funeral Rehearsal Of Kanye West’ and admitted that he’s got a “drop of corniness” to himself.
West recently outlined his plans to tackle homelessness and hunger in Los Angeles. He is reportedly looking at using his own companies to provide education, jobs and housing to those in need.
Ye vowed to “cure homelessness and hunger” in the US during his 2020 presidential campaign last November. “We will cure hunger,” he wrote on Twitter at the time. “There are people sleeping in parking lots.”
He added “I was just speaking with someone that told me their life story and they used to be homeless. We must and will cure homelessness and hunger. We have the capability as a species.”
West created prototypes for an ambitious housing project to ease homelessness in LA back in 2019. However, the dome structures were torn down after it was alleged that the rapper didn’t have the proper permits.
He later shared plans to build an eco-village and children’s ranch using the same domes.
- Parts of Accra flooded during Saturday’s rains
- I was once a victim of ‘juju’ attack – Yvonne Nelson
- The only time Gender Minister’s absence bothered Akufo-Addo was during E-Levy passage – Agbenyo laments social protection situation
- 7 fascinating facts about female masturbation that everyone should know
- Mbappe rejects Real Madrid and will renew with PSG!
- We’ll be in ‘dumsor’ if new capacity generation contract is not signed within 4 years – Kweku Awotwi
- Twitter users debate content of Black Sherif’s ‘Kwaku The Traveller’ video
- ‘God never said anywhere in the Bible our wives should take our surnames’ – Clergyman
- ‘I’m divorcing my wife because she’s late for everything’ – Man seeks advice on his marital issues
- One-year-old boy dies after being raped by 2 Russian soldiers, Ukraine says
‘Companies wanted to pay me less because I am an Ewe-speaking artist’ – Edem
Aggrieved NPP supporters in Aowin set party office on fire over constituency elections
29 cleared to contest NPP Volta Regional Executives elections
I have the grace of God but worked hard to achieve all I have – Scott Evans
‘I will urge Cheddar to bring more tigers; it’s a good idea to boost our tourism’ – A-Plus
Parts of Accra flooded during Saturday’s rains
Achimota Forest would have been an Ecotourism Park if NDC was in power – Jinapor
‘God never said anywhere in the Bible our wives should take our surnames’ – Clergyman
History will keep repeating itself until you change it
‘I’m divorcing my wife because she’s late for everything’ – Man seeks advice on his marital issues
Twitter users debate content of Black Sherif’s ‘Kwaku The Traveller’ video
I have evidence that police fired live bullets – Nkoranza South MP on police-youth clash:
Development should be at the core of your decisions – Justice Date-Bah advices legal practitioners
I wrote most of Sister Afia’s songs but got no credit – Ayis3m
Fire guts girl’s dormitory of Tolon SHS