Journalist Karl Tuffour says the Ghana Football Association must begin to look locally for a new coach after three foreign coaches deserted Ghana in succession.
Coach Milovan Rajevac is the latest to dump Ghana after he reportedly signed a new contract with Saudi Arabia club side Ahly of Jeddah following his exploits at the World Cup.
Claude LeRoy and Ratomir Dujkovic abandoned Ghana for ‘greener pastures’ when all expectations were that they would extend their stays.
Many Ghanaians say foreign coaches come over to enrich their CVs only to abandon ship.
Karl Tuffour believes it is time for Ghana to appoint a local coach. Far from the aging and experienced local coaches who were often used as caretaker coaches of the Black Stars, Mr. Tuffour believes the younger and more abrasive coaches like David Duncan of Ashanti Gold and Maxwell Konadu of Wa All Stars are worthy replacements for Milovan Rajevac.
And he is urging the FA to provide the same conditions given the foreign coaches to the local coaches and see if the country would not get better results from a local coach.
However, a former FA chairman, Dr Nyaho Nyaho-Tamakloe says Ghana must go in for a competent coach irrespective of the colour.
He says if a Ghanaian coach can to instill discipline in the team then the FA must select that coach.
He is however skeptical if there is such a coach in Ghana at the moment.
- Gabby Otchere-Darko hangs out with Arsenal players after win over Spurs
- Akufo-Addo directs SIGA Boss to probe infractions in 2021 Auditor General’s report
- ECG’s IT department resisting checks and balance moves by the MD – Kwadwo Poku
- I don’t feel sabotaged – ECG MD on credit purchase challenges
- I broke down after old tweets resurfaced – KiDi
- Declare state of emergency in mining areas – OccupyGhana to Akufo-Addo
- Social media reacts to death of Ekow Blankson
- Pete Edochie and wife celebrate 53rd marriage anniversary
- There is a deliberate unwillingness to fight galamsey – Kwesi Aning
- Moody’s downgrades Ghana’s economy further within junk status
- GWCL assures regular water supply despite flooding incidents
- Capt Ibrahim Traoré: From shy schoolboy to military ruler
- Choosing Chelsea over United was ‘best decision of my life’ – Mikel Obi
- Neighbour rescues 13 Zambia women held for six months
- Mankessim murder: Court adjourns case to allow police more time to investigate
- Nima Dreams: ‘Inadequate pitches causing decline in football talents’ – Mohammed Polo
- How Dansoman influenced Akosua Adjepong’s career
- NSMQ 2022 launched; fixtures for preliminary stage released
- ‘It’s an inspiration to do more’ – Mohammed Kudus reacts to messages from Right to Dream
- We’ve paid ¢2.4bn to pensioners as of August 2022; never defaulted – SSNIT Boss
- The viral lynching that was to end Nigeria’s mob justice
- Finance Ministry to continue IMF negotiations in U.S.A
- Government bags ¢8.11bn from T-Bills in September 2022
- Nigeria gunmen disguised as guards kill 12 people
- Create a budget to fight cyber crime – Cyber Security Authority to businesses