Audio By Carbonatix
About twenty six women between the ages of 19 and 62 are undergoing surgery to reduce the size of their breast at the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital.
The surgery, a collaboration between the department of Plastic Surgery of the hospital and a United States based non-governmental organization; Restore Worldwide Incorporated, aims to accomplish a number of difficult reconstructive surgeries mainly in the areas of breast.
Persons with severe abnormalities of the breast such as excessive breast tissue in young females as well as person with one breast will also receive special attention.
Head of the Restore Team Dr Michael Obeng tells Luv news the exercise is a follow up to the first breast reconstruction on a patient who has undergone a mastectomy to remove her breast due to cancer at the hospital.
He said medical and surgery equipments worth over 45 thousand United States dollars have been donated to Komfo Anokye to aid further surgeries.
Head of the Plastic Surgery unit of the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital Dr Pius Agbenorku said the hospital through the surgery is bringing relief to women requiring special breast reconstruction.
He said a patient has had her breast constructed using her abdominal tissue after the original breast had been completely removed due to cancer.
Source: Luv FM
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Ronaldinho seeks 300th goal with comeback aged 46
44 minutes -
Your voice, your future – Opare Addo opens National Youth Forum 2026
55 minutes -
GRA pushes data-driven tax administration to boost revenue mobilisation
1 hour -
NSMQ 2026: Presby SHS, Bompata crushes Sacred Heart’s hopes of reaching one-eighth stage
1 hour -
Africa Golf Tourism Convention opens in South Africa to unlock opportunities
1 hour -
BOGISS alleged sexual assault: Dr Apaak demands protection for autism victim
1 hour -
GTEC trains tertiary officials on new affiliation quality assurance framework
1 hour -
Luv FM High School Debate: OKESS, OSASS silence K’Wey Gey and KASS in fierce round of 16
1 hour -
Alcaraz to play US Open after four months out
1 hour -
Even if all foreigners leave, South Africa’s problems will remain – Dr Yamson blames state failure
1 hour -
Mahama announces GH¢500m district housing programme; rollout to begin this year
2 hours -
Energy Committee yet to receive July 29 blackout report – Adomako-Mensah
2 hours -
Five in six Ghana health facilities fall short of basic sanitation standard – WHO/UNICEF
2 hours -
Mohammed Fuseini in talks over Troyes move from Union SG
2 hours -
‘Bear with the system’ – Energy Ministry says temporary power control room to be ready by September
2 hours