The maternal mortality rate in Ghana currently stands at 308 deaths per every hundred thousand deaths, with an annual change of negative 1.91 per cent.
It has therefore become crucial for hospitals and health institutions to advance efforts in dealing with the peril.
The Obstetrics and Gynaecology Department of the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital has therefore refurbished its old library to meet the evolving standard of acquiring knowledge in their line of duty.
The outdated library was hitherto stuffed with hard copy books.
The Obstetrics and Gynaecology department at KATH reached out to Palb Pharmaceuticals Limited for support.
The edifice which took eight weeks to refurbish will help reduce maternal mortality and improve the life of patients.
The library has online access to journals, articles and other books.
Chief Resident of the Department, Dr. Baffour Opoku, believes the fast pace of the century requires updated knowledge.
“As the knowledge improves we should also ensure we are up to date,” he said.
CEO of Palb Pharmaceuticals, Ernest Kusi-Ababio could not agree less.
“Knowledge is everything and when it comes to medical practice, things keep changing as new methods of operation are discovered. With an e-learning centre, we believe that more information can be accessed from many sources in order to increase the knowledge base,” he emphasized.
The e-learning centre at the KATH Obstetrics and Gynaecology department is now open to members and health professionals.
- Construction work by manufacturing company causing artificial earthquakes in Bortianor – Residents
- Shatta Wale showers dollars on Nana Ama Mcbrown
- Auditor General indicts former Nhyieso MP over failure to recover ¢500k of Assembly’s Common Fund
- Defence and Finance Ministers to answer questions in Parliament over Presidency’s hiring of private jet for foreign travels
- ‘I miss living life with you’ – T. B. Joshua’s wife marks his 58th birthday
- One of 2 robbers who attacked and robbed motorist on Fiesta Royale-GIMPA stretch arrested
- TUTAG to proceed with strike action despite NLC order
- There’s no law that compels a woman to adopt her husband’s name after marriage – Legal expert
- GPL wrap: Hearts extend lead at top, King Faisal climb out of relegation zone
- #FixTheCountry: Leave social media, come and plant trees – Oti Regional Minister to campaigners
Live updates: Appointments Committee resumes vetting of Deputy Ministers-designate
Euros On MGL: Spain v Sweden betting preview
Effutu paramount chief cautions trespassers against reserved lands
Euros On MGL: Poland v Slovakia betting preview
Euros On MGL: Scotland v Czech Republic betting preview
Ghana set to produce its own vaccine – Presidential Advisor on Health
Livestream: Day 9 – Appointments Committee vets Thomas Mbamba, Abdulai Abanga and 2 others
We are working with Political authorities to get Hudson-Odoi- GFA president
Nii Marmah Boye: Security at GIMPA; What the school must do
Auditor General indicts KMA over using Assembly’s Common Fund to pay judgment debt
Use digital platforms to reduce paper usage – Ursula
FixTheCountry case adjourned over late filing of documents
Playback: Foreign Minister to address the nation on Ghana’s election to UN’s Security Council, 59th ECOWAS meeting
Asantehene commends board and management of ADB for refocusing on its core mandate
GRA optimistic of addressing automation tax payment challenges by July