Former marathon world record holder Wilson Kipsang of Kenya has been handed a four-year ban for Anti-Doping Rule Violations (ADRVs), the Athletics Integrity Unit (AIU) said on Friday.
“The World Athletics Disciplinary Tribunal has banned long-distance runner Wilson Kipsang of Kenya for four years with effect from Jan. 10, 2020 for whereabouts failures and tampering by providing false evidence and witness testimony,” the AIU said in a statement.
World Athletics said Kipsang had four whereabouts failures between April 2018 and May 2019. Three failures within 12 months leads to an automatic ban.
Kipsang, a bronze medallist at the 2012 Olympics, had been provisionally suspended in January for whereabouts failures and tampering by providing false evidence.
- World Bank classifies Ghana as high debt distressed country; debt to GDP to hit 104%
- While others mocked me, Seidu Agongo offered to help – Kofi Amoabeng
- ‘Suck a breast within October’ – Health expert advises men
- Police on manhunt for man flogging toddler in viral video
- Child Rights International places ¢10k bounty on head of man flogging toddler in viral video
- President’s son loses army post after Twitter spree
- E-levy: GRA blames charging entities for wrongful deductions
- ‘I sold my mansion for me not to go broke’ – Kofi Amoabeng
- UTAG, 3 university labour unions to strike on October 13
- Small Scale Miners unhappy with Lands Ministry handling of Wontumi’s mining firm
- Akufo-Addo calls on chiefs, MMDCEs to actively rally behind government to curb illegal mining
- Stella Gyimaah Larbi adjudged overall best teacher for 2022
- Daddy Lumba opens up on being bedridden for over 5 years
- Residents of Ashalaja sleep in kiosks as their homes remain flooded
- Government increases cocoa price by 21 percent to ¢800 a bag
- Consumer Protection Agency raises alarm on sale of already registered SIM cards
- President’s speech did not offer any new direction in fighting galamsey – Daryl Bosu
- Samuel Antwi beats Johnson Acquah to win the Translight Solar Tennis Super Cup
- Two sisters settling family feud on Big Chef
- Minority in Parliament pressures government to announce producer price of cocoa for 2022 season
- 25 killed as bus plunges into gorge in India
- Masloc begins training for its staff as nationwide digitisation rollout
- GFA launches Talent Identification and Development Programme
- Illegal miners torture suspected thieves on site
- Suicide is never an option – Funny Face