Audio By Carbonatix
Kevin-Prince Boateng's hopes of playing at the World Cup finals looks imminent after the Ghana Football Association submitted the last of the requested documentation to Fifa.
The official passport and another document has been forwarded to Fifa by the FA as a pronouncement is expected soon before the finals starts on 11 June in South Africa.
Vice President of the GFA, Fred Pappoe confirmed to www.ghanafa.org on Thursday afternoon that all relevant documents requested for have been forwarded by the sport body to formalize the player's transition from an ex-German youth international to a Ghana international.
"We have forwarded Kevin's passport and another document to Fifa. It's only a matter of time that a decision would be made on him.
"The submission of the passport completes all the requirements and we are certain that Fifa would act on it sooner. We expect a decision before the World Cup finals.
"For now, it’s only a matter of days for a pronouncement to be made."
The 23-year-old hopes to play at his debut World Cup finals by lining up for Ghana once the process is complete and he has received Ghanaian citizenship.
Boateng, on loan with Portsmouth last year opted against a possible future with the German national team, favouring Ghana instead.
Source: Ghanafa.org
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Photos: e-Crime Bureau hosts inaugural Founder’s Opera Soirée on AI-driven cyber threats
7 minutes -
World Corporate Golf Challenge Ghana officially launches 2026 season
7 minutes -
Prof Gyampo Writes: Democracy, free speech and the survival of the Ghanaian polity
23 minutes -
e-Crime Bureau hosts inaugural Founder’s Opera Soiree on AI-era leadership and cyber threats
29 minutes -
Mahama rejects ‘kenkey and waakye party’ celebration after IMF exit, says economy still work in progress
35 minutes -
David Hundeyin to release documentary on Tanzania election violence coverage
1 hour -
Photos: President Mahama cuts sod for 24-hour economy market in Bole
2 hours -
Ghana-eligible midfielder Kofi Amoako joins Hamburg from Dynamo Dresden
2 hours -
Mahama commissions Yamoransa Model Lab 13 to advance STEM and digital skills training
2 hours -
Youth Ministry says nearly 90,000 young people are employed under government programmes
4 hours -
Adaklu Mountain now a security zone – Volta Regional Minister
4 hours -
Volta Regional Minister assures PAC of stricter supervision of government projects
4 hours -
Can Parliament enforce its own laws?
5 hours -
ECG announces major transformer upgrade at Batsonaa – see the affected areas
5 hours -
Ghanaian released after 77 days in Burkinabe detention
5 hours