Music enthusiasts have elected another budding messenger for the Ghana music scene.
KooKusi is a burgeoning recording artiste who seems to be weaving through the socially-compelling path about life’s lessons through storytelling.
The musician first went viral back in July 2021 with a freestyle.
It was a freestyle over Nas’ ‘I can’ instrumental on which he hypothetically talks about a Ghanaian youth who is forced to pursue his guardians’ dream at the expense of his or her own.
This narrative dubbed ‘Second-hand dreams’ threw Twitter into a frenzy when it first popped up.
A year down the line, he has now released an extended play (EP) to give industry watchers more reason to consider him as one to watch.
‘5Foot3’ is his debut project which has received far-reaching applause since its release.
The themes underpinning the 5-track EP span mental health, social media addiction, insecurity, self-confliction, religion, among others.
It also features many rising musicians who collaborate to make the record what it’s growing to become.
Here is what social media has been saying about the album since its release in February.
Oh Herh this boy dey rap!! pic.twitter.com/xPOc9GomLy— KALYJAY (@gyaigyimii) March 17, 2022
@Kookusi_Jnr If one of your greatest fears was that your EP wouldn’t turn out well, then I might as well say your fears will never be your limitation— ~zoPyRos🔱 (@kofiantwi__) March 18, 2022
Y’all check the #5foot3 EP out. You’ll love it❤️https://t.co/k10iNRR3UK#5foot3 pic.twitter.com/cBWhEBgnTl
Everything about Sly’s EP is PERFECT! Everything! It’s incredible for someone to do a totally flawless album but he did it and I am glad i know him and the team.— Little (@YawLaughter) March 19, 2022
- ECG’s IT department resisting checks and balance moves by MD – Kwadwo Poku
- Scores of residents displaced, others trapped as Weija, Oblogo and Tetegu flood
- Mankessim murder: We didn’t commit crime with mason; he only dug hole for burying a victim – Chief
- Watch Daddy Lumba break down his hit song ‘Yene Wo Sere Kwa’
- NSMQ 2022 launched; fixtures for preliminary stage released
- ‘I have unfinished business with Black Stars’ – Milovan Rajevac
- I am still receiving threats from people on social media – KiDi
- Exclusive photos: Hundreds rendered homeless at Ashalaja
- Kwesi Yankah: Dear Ace Ankomah, the Birim River is gone
- The viral lynching that was to end Nigeria’s mob justice
- Somalia drought: So weak from hunger she couldn’t bury her child
- Journalists urged to build regional cooperation in the fight against human trafficking
- Akufo-Addo won’t declare a state of emergency -Dr. Norman
- Our leaders are either complicit or incompetent – Ken Ashigbey on galamsey
- I’m not expecting much from Hearts of Oak in Africa because of inconsistency – Amankwa Mireku
- We’re long past the state of emergency – Kofi Bentil on galamsey
- Elon Musk Twitter deal back on in surprise U-turn
- Police on manhunt for man flogging toddler in viral video
- I’m a record-breaker, but they hate to project it – Zahara says of critics
- I am grateful to Asantehene and other chiefs for protecting Dr. Bawumia – Nayiri
- Nigerian child killed in ‘bullet-proof’ charm test
- 95% of human trafficking survivors in shelter homes are Nigerians – Gender Ministry
- From the streets to Mandela’s feet – Zahara tells her story
- Small Scale Miners unhappy with Lands Ministry handling of Wontumi’s mining firm
- Livestream: PM Express discusses ‘Galamsey’