A magistrate’s court at Kpando has remanded Musah Yaro, Sampson Osei and Martin Tachie all labourers for possessing Indian hemp.
The suspects, who pleaded not guilty to the charge of possessing Indian Hemp will re-appear before the court on September 17, this year. The fourth suspect is on the run.
Detective Chief Inspector J. Agbevade told the court presided over by Mr. Robert Agbleze that the police at a check point on the Kpando-Vakpo highway arrested the suspects with wee when the Man-diesel container truck with registration number VR 750 W in which they were travelling pulled up.
Prosecution said the suspects upon seeing the officers threw substance they were smoking away, which made the police to search the vehicle.
Chief Inspector Agbleze said the fourth suspect bolted when a brown paper bag containing dried leaves suspected to be India Hemp was found in the truck.
Prosecution said the three denied knowledge of the dried leaves and said they belonged to their colleague who had bolted.
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Asking Special Prosecutor to quit over ‘frustrations’ wrong – Domelevo
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Current Assets Declaration Law is a joke – Domelovo
- Africa World Airlines marks 11th anniversary with exciting passenger rewards and expansion drive
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Roads blocked as protesters march towards Jubilee House
- Cedi remains relatively stable since February 2023; Y-T-D depreciation to dollar stands at 22.5%
- LaLiga: Barcelona beat Celta Vigo after dramatic comeback
- Premier League: Calvert-Lewin helps Everton end winless start against Brentford
- Premier League: Ten-man Man City beat Nottingham Forest despite Rodri red card
- Ghanaian musicians die paupers; GHAMRO, MUSIGA are a mess – D-Black
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Policeman sits on the floor to plead with demonstrators to unblock roads
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Let’s tread cautiously as investigations continue – Domelevo
- UEFA awards Mohammed Kudus’ second goal to him after initially declaring it own goal against Backa Topola
- Cecilia Dapaah case: People must guard against contempt in commentary – Gary Nimako
- The Career Trail: Quitting banking for jewellery business; Ella Cadie’s bold career shift
- I’ll release audio recording of Kan Dapaah’s $1m offer to silence me – Barker-Vormawor